Why do OpAmps sound different?
Jul 24, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #136 of 143
Testing is all very well, but the fact remains that few people have the money and time to do it. Furthermore, why should a hypothesis that is already backed up by modern science be tested when no evidence has been bought to light that challenges it?
If someone claims to have proven unicorns exist and does not present any evidence at all as to their existence, I do not need to launch an international unicorn location campaign to check they don't exist before snorting derisively at them.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #137 of 143

Quote:
That's a work in progress that'll show up on his blog at some point. I can already tell you that it won't support your stance.

If you're not a close-minded person I'd suggest setting up your own ABX and prove that the differences you hear are not placebo or expectation bias. This is the sound science subforum, and you're not taking a very scientific approach to the subject in question.

Tangent's blog?????

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #138 of 143

I don't have much experience with op-amps

No worries, none of the naysayers in this thread do...you're very much at home.

I'd suggest setting up your own ABX and prove that the differences you hear are not placebo

Several ppl have recently stated that they'd be willing to bet money to see a proper ABX, well I've got nothing to sell so I couldn't care less about what some anonymous ppl on an internet board could think...but if you show the green, that might just be happening for real. And anyone serious enough to bet money that hearing a difference between LT1028ACN8, OPA602BP and LME49710NA is pure placebo is prone to lose money(hopefully a lot of it
biggrin.gif
).

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #139 of 143

Quote:
And anyone serious enough to bet money that hearing a difference between LT1028ACN8, OPA602BP and LME49710NA is pure placebo is prone to lose money(hopefully a lot of it
biggrin.gif
).

I have to say I'd love to see measurements between the OPA209 and OPA627 rolled into a UHA6S read the same.  I dare anyone to hear those two and publicly state on the forum w/ a straight face that they sound the same.  That would be like saying you think a Sony XB300 sounds like an ER4.  So I'm looking forward to seeing these measurements which hopefully should be quite revealing in a number of ways.  I also find it interesting that it is possible to draw conclusions from a 'work in progress'.  That sure is revealing too.

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #140 of 143
This thread is total subjectivist, off the point hijack. Now reported to the mods.

The question is why do opamps sound the same, which is what the Sound Science part of the forum is about. If you want to discuss what different opamps sound like, use another part of the forum.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #141 of 143

Quote:
This thread is total subjectivist, off the point hijack. Now reported to the mods.

The question is why do opamps sound the same, which is what the Sound Science part of the forum is about. If you want to discuss what different opamps sound like, use another part of the forum.

Again you are reframing the thread to your bias.  Read the first two posts which includes your own reply.  If you can't understand the difference between 'do measurements show opamps sound different' and 'why do opamps sound the same' you should reconsider the lens with which you view things.  You claim to be impartial and open but this is just another indicator of your prejudice on the topic IMHO.

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #142 of 143
Sorry made a mistake, I should have said why do opamps sound different. Everything else I said stands. If you want to discuss the different sounds opamps make, this is not the place to do it.

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #143 of 143
I'm closing this, as it a: was started by a banned member, and b: there are posts being made which breach our Terms of Service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back