Why did you do this to Speed Racer? WHHHYYY???
Dec 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be a Dicky Tracy that doesn't suck.

I liked the "Dicky Tracy" movie, its visual/color style at least - I think that's how a cartoon strip should be filmed. However, I had a problem with the strip itself from time to time, esp the moon people.

Laz

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

That looked way better than I would have expected. At least from the trailer it could a great combo of wacky animation spirit (bouncing off mountains and jumping lakes) and live action. And of course it's (as it should be) aimed at kids.

May be a Dicky Tracy that doesn't suck.

Well its for kids first of all so it will make money. As for adults enjoying it, take it as the cheesefest it is and laugh all the way through.

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #18 of 36
John Goodman and Susan Sarandon? Their careers must be in the dumper. They certainly will be after this movie. I was a huge fan of the original series and recall jumping my Hotwheels using the 'Tuk Tuk Tuk Tuk' sound. I'll probably watch the movie, but only after it's out on DVD and I can get it from my local library free....

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 36
Looks like the usual, unsatisfying rubbish so typical of Hollywood. I'm sure 95% of the film is concentrated on slowed-down, hyper-stylized CGI, and the last 5% might have something to do with a watered down plot based loosely on the original.

Real shame it's not 2D. They could have kept the original look, just increased the detail, tweening and threw in a few 3D effects (emphasis on few). That would have been a step in the right direction.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next............Johnny Quest! :wink:

That might actually turn out rather well if it was done by the right people. Especially if they focused more on adventures from New Real Adventures Of Johnny Quest.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 36
Thanks to the cartoon network, Kirosia, they may.

While this movie looks incredibly bad, I think it will still have a cult following and I really think John Goodman is a good fit for his character. I mean, it can't get much worse than the FLinstones movie....

Besides, once this flick comes out and the press is done, we get to hear all about Larry W's transformation to Lana W. I really wonder what kind of trauma Andy W is going through in regards to his brother now being his sister...

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Goodman and Susan Sarandon? Their careers must be in the dumper. They certainly will be after this movie.

Actually, John Goodman is a dead ringer for Pops Racer! He's got such a plastic 70s looks in that clip.

I too was a huge Speed Racer fan. Loved it, and never missed an episode. I'll watch the movie, but would have preferred old time animation for that sense of nostalgia that still lives in my heart for my boyhood days. But I much prefer getting behind the wheel of my Atom now!

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 36
You know, not once did I hear a sentence that ended in "ha,ha!"
This will be a massive disappointment.

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #25 of 36
OK, here you go: ha, ha!

I was never a fan of Speed Racer, never saw ANY of it. I just don't care.

So there.

Laz

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #26 of 36
I agree with Jahn 110% on this one! I saw the trailer at the theater the other day and could not believe how bad it looked. And sorry, Wayne, Goodman does not look like Pops! That lame-ass mustache stuck on his face aint good enough. Ray Samuels would make a much better Pops!
tongue.gif

Anyway, I loved Speed Racer cartoons as a kid and the trailer makes this look like a crass video-game-oriented re-make.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next............Johnny Quest! :wink:

What, The Venture Bros. isn't good enough for you?

venture_bros-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back