Why coming to this site can be dangerous (in a good way)
Jan 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #16 of 30
Cool Stuff. Can you actually hear a difference with each upgrade? How do the Onkyo and the Oppo players compare to each other?

I'm sure that it's a great setup (especially with the HD800 and the Woo), but I'm just wondering how much real difference (as opposed to placebo affect) the black CD's and the fancy cables do.

But hey, if you can afford it, cheers!

Just remember to enjoy the music for what it is =)

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #17 of 30
When you have more money than you need, a little snake oil can't hurt anything.

Quote:
IMO, the black CD is the biggest bunch of snake oil out of everything pictured

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 30
Jan 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #19 of 30
Get out while you can because the second year in headfi is worst than the first year.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 30
Get out while you can because the second year in headfi is worst than the first year.

Lies. I spent a total of $10 my second year on gear. It's the third year that's bad. That's when you realize that your stuff isn't as good as you thought it was after enjoying it for a year. I have about $3000 in stuff I want to get this year.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #21 of 30

Quote:
Quote:

Lies. I spent a total of $10 my second year on gear. It's the third year that's bad. That's when you realize that your stuff isn't as good as you thought it was after enjoying it for a year. I have about $3000 in stuff I want to get this year.

yup, JH16, UE18 and UM...something

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #22 of 30
The way my cycle runs...I should have the money to get some new cans in the summer of 2012.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:
Quote:

yup, JH16, UE18 and UM...something

Miracle? Shockingly, I think after I get a nice DAP, I'll be done with IEMs...after an ER4 and a 1964 quad...gah this place is a curse. It's my woodie and vintage craving that I'm satisfying this year as far as headphones go.

Actually, the OP doesn't have much else to go up. There are stats, but they're not really practical in his situation. Congrats! You can probably leave and be happy for the rest of your headphones' life, but that just wouldn't be very fun, now would it?

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #25 of 30
Well I know I am going to be flamed for this. I live in Washington DC area and believe it or nor not there is no where near me that I could any hi end headphones brands. My decision was purely based on many late hours readings on blogs and expert reviews and technical  details.

I am very happy with my setup and  I will report in few weeks. The HD-800 is the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn. Now on the opposite side of everyone on this site I find the bass on HD-800 a bit too much, I am not a bass head but a treble head.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Well I know I am going to be flamed for this. I live in Washington DC area and believe it or nor not there is no where near me that I could any hi end headphones brands. My decision was purely based on many late hours readings on blogs and expert reviews and technical  details.

I am very happy with my setup and  I will report in few weeks. The HD-800 is the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn. Now on the opposite side of everyone on this site I find the bass on HD-800 a bit too much, I am not a bass head but a treble head.

ill trade you my k701's 
k701smile.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #27 of 30
coming to head-fi with left over student loan money is quite dangerous as well since i keep telling myself that these new toys will serve as my motivation to do better in school  

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 30
HD-800 is amazing for very well recorded CDs. However and this is a big However if you have a bad recording source not only in terms of quality but also engineering this beast  shoves it in your face with no excuses. No wonder they are called reference headphones. So buyers be aware this headphone truly is made for very well recorded source.

Quite right about staying on this board second years around can be even more dangerous already on my wish list:

Headphone: SR-007MK2

WooAudio 5

Havana DAC

I have begun to buy lottery tickets.

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 30
Lol your experiences mirror mine kind of, except for that hd800 plunge. Ibuds broke and went on heqd fi to find a good replacement after liatening to friends iems. One and a half years later also an hd800 user

Users who are viewing this thread

Back