Why coming to this site can be dangerous (in a good way)
Jan 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

GeneA

New Head-Fier
Few months ago I was looking to replace my Sony CD30 headphone which was attached to a noisy Dell XPS and Creative X-Fi card.

Well is all stared innocently before I begin to read and educate myself (and save and save) one thing lead to another First the headphone sennheiser HD-800:

Soundstage baby soundstage

Next the AMP wood Audio 6

What no standard rectifier for me I need the EML 274B

Need a SACD player Onkyo C-S5VL

Power chords and interconnect from SignalCable

some Black CDR-R why not

Woo beginning to look good:

Well while I am at it PS3 is too noisy for this headphone, so while I am at it: brand new Oppo-93

I do not know whether to curse or thank Head-fi but at least I can now join the elite members of headfiers (entry level)

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 30
hehe, nice!

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 30
wow how long have you been using these forums.

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 30
I have been reading for last 4 months and driving my wife insane with Headphone talk. Next on my list powerstrip Pure Power Center from Balanced power Technologies

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 30

Quote:
I have been reading for last 4 months and driving my wife insane with Headphone talk. Next on my list powerstrip Pure Power Center from Balanced power Technologies

well i am newer. i have long been a huge fan of good audio but i always had the same opinion i would never pay more then 100$ on headphones. hat was until i bought my shure srh750dj headphones after doing much research i decided i would get them. they were worth it. after i bought them i joined head fi and now i am looking for an amp and maybe later on getting better headphones. i use to think skullandy headphones were good until i bought some 60$ pioneer se m390 which was way better then any skullcandy headphones. now i classify myself as a young audiophile.

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #10 of 30
O____O

And I think looking at the Ath-M50s/Srh750dj's is an expensive movement.... those headphones alone are like $1000 aren't they???
Guess you're wife was really driven up the wall once she found out you bought all that.... lol....

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 30

Quote:
O____O

And I think looking at the Ath-M50s/Srh750dj's is an expensive movement.... those headphones alone are like $1000 aren't they???
Guess you're wife was really driven up the wall once she found out you bought all that.... lol....

Or some nice purses/shoes were used to shut her up.
wink_face.gif

Psh, 3 years ago I was looking up reviews of the Shure E2Cs because $40 was prohibitively expensive for me. Fast forward to now and I'm thinking of spending as much as the M50s are worth on some fancy metal enclosure. This place is a curse I tell you!

BTW, why an Onkyo player? I haven't seen too much about that. Amazing first setup though!!!

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #12 of 30
Congratulations, GeneA. Looks like there's no testing the waters first. I love how you plunged straight in with the HD800!
L3000.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 30
...you sure you don't need a DAC to go with your CDP?
very_evil_smiley.gif
Just kidding! It's pretty admirable to plunge straight into an HD800 actually. Did you audition them before buying? I'd hate to plunk down that much and not make sure I'd love them.

Ah, I just did some research your CDP. Seems pretty decent actually. Has a WM8742.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
Few months ago I was looking to replace my Sony CD30 headphone which was attached to a noisy Dell XPS and Creative X-Fi card.

Well is all stared innocently before I begin to read and educate myself (and save and save) one thing lead to another First the headphone sennheiser HD-800:

Soundstage baby soundstage

Next the AMP wood Audio 6

What no standard rectifier for me I need the EML 274B

Need a SACD player Onkyo C-S5VL

Power chords and interconnect from SignalCable

some Black CDR-R why not

Woo beginning to look good:

Well while I am at it PS3 is too noisy for this headphone, so while I am at it: brand new Oppo-93

I do not know whether to curse or thank Head-fi but at least I can now join the elite members of headfiers (entry level)

IMO, the black CD is the biggest bunch of snake oil out of everything pictured

Users who are viewing this thread

Back