Why Beautiful Women Marry Less Attractive Men
Apr 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 83
Well, that explains it.

I'm too attractive to be married to a beautiful woman.

wink.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 83
Without reading the article, I can cite the obvious: money, fame, and/or power. Next question?

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 83
At least you can become rich. Beauty is largely determined at birth.

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 83
Without even reading the article, a lot of it has to do with insecurities. Most women are insecure, no matter how beautiful they are perceived to be by others. They'll often do anything to build themselves up to a higher level in their eyes, including sometimes hooking up with a hideous looking guy.

Of course a little spending money doesn't hurt either.

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news!

Oh ****, we still have to be rich and tall?

my sentiments exactly

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #11 of 83
One of my friends was working on a research project. She showed me an article that said that women who live in urban cities are more likely to marry, or be in a relationship with a rich and powerful man because they need a certain sense of security that only money and power can provide.

There's more that I forget. Umm, there was something about women being more attracted to men with babyfaces because they're more stable for a long-term relationship.

I'll have to ask her for her research later..

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 83
that article seems pretty off to me.

money, power, fame, social/career advancement, stability and not knowing any better (those girls who don't know they're hot or just marry their first boyfriend from high school) seem like the main reasons why good looking women are with less attractive or unattractive men.

i think confidence or being supportive is pretty low on the list, imo.

Apr 11, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think confidence or being supportive is pretty low on the list, imo.

And people wonder why divorce rates are so high these days. That's what happens when people are too ******* stupid to know what's important in a relationship.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I am short and ugly (but rich), is that a problem?
biggrin.gif

You can afford plastic surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back