Why Beautiful Women Marry Less Attractive Men
Apr 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #31 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um... I see this is true - because I have dated guys who were below me in the looks level just because of personality.

Your experience on that field is not exactly matching the outcome of the article. It states that women are more sensitve to height and salary and not just particularly personality. What's true then?

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #32 of 83
From what I've seen, really young women tend to go for looks/status, while more "experienced" ones tend to prioritize personality/stability.

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #33 of 83
A great personality can go a long way to make someone's stock rise. You first meet someone and maybe there's no attraction at all. Then you get to know them and they're awesome to be around, they're great. They rock your world.

And that stock starts to rise and now suddenly, you're attracted.

That scenario goes both ways, so, meh to the study.

Apr 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #34 of 83
Meh to the study from me, too. It seems to have the average moron in mind anyway and, as already mentioned, we've seen the statistical results when your average shallow relationship decides to marry.

Where's the study for exceptional people finding exceptional people and enjoying exceptional relationships?
wink.gif

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a hot buttered biscuit, so I guess I don't fall into the demographic.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #36 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without even reading the article, a lot of it has to do with insecurities. Most women are insecure, no matter how beautiful they are perceived to be by others. They'll often do anything to build themselves up to a higher level in their eyes, including sometimes hooking up with a hideous looking guy.

Of course a little spending money doesn't hurt either.

Truth is held in this post. Although, the same can be said about men, just to a lesser extent.

Talking about women, or hooking up, or anything of that nature is a two edged sword, and is almost like talking politics. You have people that defend the crap outta some points, and others, that really don't care...

It's the reason there's the cliche' "hot girls have ugly friends to make themselves feel prettier." How much truth is held in that statement obviously varies from person to person, and some people don't hold ANY truth in that statement...but there are cliche' statements for a reason.

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #37 of 83
Beautiful women don't necessarily wed ugly men. Instead, jealous men coveting those married women convince themselves in their intoxicating self-glory that they are more attractive than the women's husbands.

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #38 of 83
If I have hair on my back, but not on my head, can I still use Rogaine Body Wash? >
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #39 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A great personality can go a long way to make someone's stock rise. You first meet someone and maybe there's no attraction at all. Then you get to know them and they're awesome to be around, they're great. They rock your world.

And that stock starts to rise and now suddenly, you're attracted.

That scenario goes both ways, so, meh to the study.

IMHE, there's a lot of truth in this post. I have met so many women over the years that were good looking, but dull as dishwater. OTOH, I have met so many women who were a little lower on the looks scale, but their personality made them very attractive.

Looks fade, personality remains. Chase looks when your playing the field, but never settle down with a bitch - she will always be a bitch.

I'm not overly tall, and I can recall dating only two taller women. The trick for me was to simplly find someone shorter than me - no big deal. I'm not really into tall women anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #40 of 83
As I've said before, what's the point of being beautiful if you can't trade that beauty for wealth and security?

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #41 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHE, there's a lot of truth in this post. I have met so many women over the years that were good looking, but dull as dishwater. OTOH, I have met so many women who were a little lower on the looks scale, but their personality made them very attractive.

Looks fade, personality remains. Chase looks when your playing the field, but never settle down with a bitch - she will always be a bitch.

I'm not overly tall, and I can recall dating only two taller women. The trick for me was to simplly find someone shorter than me - no big deal. I'm not really into tall women anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

That's so true. You can't marry someone in hopes of changing them. Men and women both do this, and sure you can change small things, but not the core of who someone is. Kinda like having a kid to save a marriage.
confused.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #42 of 83
But then, physical consummation w/a "b!tch" can be intensely gratifying. As long as you remember that they are 'short-timers'.

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #44 of 83
Of course, you are absolutely right
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without even reading the article, a lot of it has to do with insecurities. Most women are insecure, no matter how beautiful they are perceived to be by others. They'll often do anything to build themselves up to a higher level in their eyes, including sometimes hooking up with a hideous looking guy.

Of course a little spending money doesn't hurt either.

I'm hoping you're very young, which is the only excuse for such a grossly inaccurate statement. Either that, or you have really poor taste in women. Maybe both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back