Why are there so many? *reccomendation thread*
Jan 14, 2011 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

2enty3

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I'm stumped.

So lurked around her for awhile and happened to come across that large list of 131 IEMS and such and...well...look at the title...
It seems most of them usually have slightly enhanced bass, which is good. so here comes my specifications:
- comfortable ( 1~2 hours continuously)
- hard to fall out of ear ( think bumpy bus ride)
- under $100 but a little extra is okay
- Extra bass is always welcome but not at the stage of XB500's
- Own CX300 II; looking for more bass + clarity
- I am a mid-range type person, in terms of sound
- Listen to Power metal, pop, techno, electronic and the likes, classic rock.

Bonuses:
- AKG like sound?
- Stylish
- easily driven by ipod
- easy to find/order in Canada

I saw the RE0's in the same thread, and according to the OP, they were very good for the money, but anybody know if i can get them in canada, or how they compare in bass to the CX300 II?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 4
cx300 II is an earphone I haven't used, but if it's like any of it's brother's (cx300, cx400, cx400II), there aren't many earphones with that much bass, least of all the re0. By akg sound i presume you mean the 240? If you haven't read joker's thread (130+ iem's compared) it's probably the best place for comparison's. Just decide how much emphasis you want on bass and read the descriptions, maybe start off with the 300ii to give you a reference.

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 4
There are a lot of really good reviews in Joker's thread. Joker is very consistent in the reviews and they are formatted to give a comparable description for each item. There are so many others that Joker has not gotten around to and by the time they are reviewed there will be newer models.... One that is missing is the Denon AC560 with a mic and controller similar to the Klipsch S4i. You can read my review here http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/510184/new-denon-iem-c560r#post_7187577

Since that review I have crushed the Denons in a freak snowthrower incident and perfomed a earphone transplant. Taking the Heads from the dreaded "J " corded CX 300 II's I spliced them onto the ends of the Denon c560R cord. They are ugly but sound accetpable for yard and power equipment use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back