Why are so many RS-1s up for sale?
Aug 1, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S. *shameless plug* Check out my RS-1s. They are absolutely gorgeous and are in mint condition. There is a link in my sig to the sale thread. Someone please give them a good home. This could be you --->
rs1smile.gif

lol, I like the plug part. But seriously the RS1s are great cans. It really is the ebb and flow of headphones in general. Like how things are in (d2000) and then out.

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's happening? Is it just by chance that so many RS-1s are suddenly up for sale? Or is there some flaw or problem we all need to be aware of? I was just thinking of an RS-1 or GS-1000 Black Dragon recabling for balanced.
confused.gif

I go with the wave theory. How and why it happens who knows. Also consider that numbers of a particular product sold (more products sold, more products available to turn up for resale). On thing I'd caution you and everyone about is speculating on a thread unless you have some kind of information or evidence to support it. With something like Grados, which are sold in volume all over the place it's probably no big deal. But with something from a botique maker/builder who's main source of customers is Head-fi an un-thought out negative comment or speculation can have have an unfair impact. I'm not saying don't put out something that you know to be fact, but just speculating is something else. Just my 2 cents worth.

Aug 1, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #18 of 21
I'm sure it happens because the same people read the same threads about the same cans and when someone posts something "influential", the relevant people read it and all decide to buy or sell the item in question. The effect just snowballs, FOTM stylie.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This trend isn't limited to just the RS-1's.

Yeah -- take a look at the stock market -- 3 of the last 4 days have everybody dumping stocks and bringing everybody's values down -- all for no obvious reason, except Chicken Little "the sky is falling" sell-offs.
That and the big holders manipulating the market (as-normal) for the usual profits -- screw up the market, then buy low, and sell high later after prices rebound. Every day, same-same.
very_evil_smiley.gif

More than one sale of anything at a time, and the "followers" sell too, because....just because!

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #20 of 21
Wave Theory, Snowball Theory, Chicken Little Theory, Probability Theory, Supply 'n' Demand Theory, etc. -- these all make sense and explain, more or less, the RS-1 for sale phenomenon. Thanks, guys. Fascinating reading.

The comment for caution [edit: see ldj325's comment] re speculation is also worth noting, and I apologize for suggesting the possibility that something's wrong with the RS-1 with no supporting evidence. From all replies here, it's clear that the RS-1 remains an outstanding reference alternative!

Aug 1, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 21
While my RS-1 had to be sold many months ago with no regrets thanks to my GS-1000, I did enjoy it. And everyone should experience the RS-1 at least once in their life, if not for the rest of their life.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back