Why are so many RS-1s up for sale?
Aug 1, 2007 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

feifan

1000+ Head-Fier
What's happening? Is it just by chance that so many RS-1s are suddenly up for sale? Or is there some flaw or problem we all need to be aware of? I was just thinking of an RS-1 or GS-1000 Black Dragon recabling for balanced.
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 21
Every headphone comes and goes in waves, that's how it seems. I was planning on selling my PA2V2 a few weeks back and three others showed up for sale... funny how that works.

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 21
Absolutely nothing is wrong. The RS-1s are world class phones, rest assured.

I didn't think I would ever part with my (2nd) pair of RS-1s, but then along came the PS-1s. Since the PS-1s came into the picture, my RS-1s just aren't getting much use any more, so off they will go to a new home.

It is just the natural ebb and flow of Head-Fi. The Head-Fi "circle of life" if you will. Happens alllll the time with popular Headphones of all brands/models.

P.S. *shameless plug* Check out my RS-1s. They are absolutely gorgeous and are in mint condition. There is a link in my sig to the sale thread. Someone please give them a good home. This could be you --->
rs1smile.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 21
You gotta love shameless plugs
wink.gif

P.S. *shameless plug* Check out my WTB : HP-2. They are absolutely gorgeous and I don't care about a mint condition pair. There is a link in my sig to the thread. Someone please give them a good home. This could be me --->

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #10 of 21
When I started working in a big violin shop, we would have streaks when a lot of violins by some obscure maker would come in within a couple of weeks. I commented on it, and the boss said yes, that was the way it was all the time, and he didn't have an explanation. After 25 years in the business there are more than a few obscure makers whose instruments I've only seen three or four of, each all over one several week period. Maybe these things just talk behind our backs, and arrange things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Is it just a coincidence that I was jonesing for an SR325 (not 325i) last week, and one pops up on the for-sales, at just the price I'd decided I wanted to pay (which I then bought)?

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps they all got a chance to hear an HP1000, GS1000 or PS-1?

Of course not. It's obvious they finally got a chance to hear a real AKG and saw the light.

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm new here, and a while ago I bought one for $450 CAD from a fellow head-fier..

Was that a good deal? I'm pretty sure it was but..

That's a helluva deal.

But the reason so many are for sale is because, I just bought some, brand new and you know-- murphy's law...
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #14 of 21
Yep. It's like traffic patterns. One day it's clear sailing home green after green and the next day at the same time you're stuck in traffic at 10 consecutive red lights. It just happens.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #15 of 21
Nothing wrong I would say.
People (especially Head-Fi'ers) buy and sell headphones at a regular basis. Some will always move on, looking for the "perfect" headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back