Why are so many K701, 702 for sale?
Jul 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

freakydrew

500+ Head-Fier
I am really liking my K702 without needed amplification (soon!). I am concerned by the large number of K70x for sale on the forums? are members buying and then hating or buying as a second set and just not needing, what is the deal?

I am concerned that the bottom will fall out of the k70x market for new and the cost I just paid will be half that soon.....I should have bought used, but the warranty is so important!

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 79
a lot of people new to the hobby buy them. they don't know what sound they want or like yet and don't know more money is required for a decent source and amp.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 79
There are quite a few similarities between 70X and 800's, so previous lovers of the 70X have largely moved on if they have the money.
Also many buy the 70X disregarding the fact that it is relatively light on bass and then hate them because of the lack of bass. Of course, they then have to sell the impulse purchase 70X's for some other phones.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 79
They are very good headphones in my opinion and I have enjoyed my time with them.
But someone like me, I have too many headphones and I have to get rid of them so I can afford the new toys. Unfortunately I don't have a money tree in the backyard.
The 701 is just first of a batch from me that will be going.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a lot of people new to the hobby buy them. they don't know what sound they want or like yet and don't know more money is required for a decent source and amp.

as one of those people I'd like to say not all of them sell their K701s
k701smile.gif
some just buy more gear

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif
some just buy more gear

X1, and some will buy them a few times.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #8 of 79
There have been over 35,000 sold so there must be something about them. Just not for everyone and certainly not for all gear. Picky things.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 79
some are going cheap on the FS forum, maybe I should stock up!

35,000 sold...wow...

as an aside....my daughter had her third birthday last week and received High School Musical 2 and 3 (I bought myself a GIANT bottle of gin) anyway the extra scenes show a video where the actors are all in a studio with the gold AKG's...not sure what model that is, but the AKG label is taped over so it is not seen....was the only thing that held my attention

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k701smile.gif
some just buy more gear

biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some are going cheap on the FS forum, maybe I should stock up!

35,000 sold...wow...

as an aside....my daughter had her third birthday last week and received High School Musical 2 and 3 (I bought myself a GIANT bottle of gin) anyway the extra scenes show a video where the actors are all in a studio with the gold AKG's...not sure what model that is, but the AKG label is taped over so it is not seen....was the only thing that held my attention

gin and headphones...we have something in common!
icon10.gif

if you care, i sold my K701 because while i did love them while i had them...i eventually wanted something different in terms of the sound...

people's tastes change i guess? i remember i used to hate some of the foods i eat now...i suppose hearing cant be that much different...

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #14 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kukrisna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gin and headphones...we have something in common!
icon10.gif

if you care, i sold my K701 because while i did love them while i had them...i eventually wanted something different in terms of the sound...

people's tastes change i guess? i remember i used to hate some of the foods i eat now...i suppose hearing cant be that much different...

I do care, and great analogy on the foods....

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #15 of 79
OK, so some of us are buying headphones on the basis that we may sell them a few weeks/months later ? Nobody wants to be left holding the can, but we arent talking Skullcandy here : surely you buy something like the K70* because you want to invest the time and effort needed to get the best from these cans ? I dont drive my car into work each day thinking 'Man, there are a lot of Mazda 3s for sale - I'd better pull over and see if I can find some sucker to take this thing off my hands !' ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back