Why are people saying Audio Technica M50's are only 100 dollars everywhere I go?
May 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #18 of 30
Same here, in Toronto, I got mine for 214 tax incl. The going price here is around 190 plus tax 
eek.gif

May 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #25 of 30

Quote:
Totally off subject, but would anyone recommend these headphones for college? hah

Yes! My friend in college uses the M50 at school all the time. The only downside is the LONG cable length, but there's all sorts of things you can do to fix that problem.

May 15, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
Totally off subject, but would anyone recommend these headphones for college? hah

I'd say so yeah, these have great sound but also they are built like a tank and don't cost $500 so you don't need to worry about damaging/making a dent on them. Post-secondary education is all about mobility (going from 1 building to another many times each day), and these guys fold up well and can take a beating in your backpack. It's also pretty isolating/leak-free so library music / lecture listening won't affect others nearby. 

I know because it's been my case for the past year lol.

May 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #27 of 30

Quote:
I'd say so yeah, these have great sound but also they are built like a tank and don't cost $500 so you don't need to worry about damaging/making a dent on them. Post-secondary education is all about mobility (going from 1 building to another many times each day), and these guys fold up well and can take a beating in your backpack. It's also pretty isolating/leak-free so library music / lecture listening won't affect others nearby. 

I know because it's been my case for the past year lol.

Hmm, Okay. 
I'm trying to figure out which pair to beg for as my graduation gift. hah

May 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #29 of 30

Quote:
Hmm, Okay. 
I'm trying to figure out which pair to beg for as my graduation gift. hah

Nah man, M50's should be good headphones for when you ENTER college, ask for something more expensive when you graduate :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back