Why are Grados So Popular on Head Fi
May 30, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by likemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you brain dead? Grado has been making headphones since the 60s.

Quite the contrary. Try edumacating yourself prior to attempting a weak comeback in haste. Troll.

If Grado is ancient then what are AKG and Sennheiser, considering they both existed 10-20 years before Grado? Prehistoric?

May 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Well at least Sennheiser and AKG models look more modern, and their names are pretty tight. And AKG and Sennheiser are proper big companies, unlike the family run grado.

What are you trying to prove with this post? That people shouldn't buy their headphones because of their name, or that it's weird to name a company after its founder?

Now even I'm willing to just say "Don't feed the troll"...

May 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #21 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite the contrary. Try edumacating yourself prior to attempting a weak comeback in haste. Troll.

If Grado is ancient then what are AKG and Sennheiser, considering they both existed 10-20 years before Grado? Prehistoric?

At least their headphones don't look old-fashioned like grado. And their websites are pretty high tech looking. Grados website gives the feeling of a family made website.

May 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #22 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you trying to prove with this post? That people shouldn't buy their headphones because of their name, or that it's weird to name a company after its founder?

http://www.exoticcars.ws/cars/ferrari-enzo.jpg

icon10.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #23 of 57
Quote:

Are you brain dead? Grado has been making headphones since the 60s.

From

Grado Labs, Inc.

"In the late 1980s, Joseph began the development of what was to become the first true high-end dynamic headphone."

May 30, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #24 of 57
Grado Labs, Inc.

"In the late 1980s Joseph began the development of what was to become the first true high-end dynamic headphone. "

@ OP

you are an obnoxious little troll that has no idea what it is talking about

edit: lol paul, i think you beat me by a few seconds
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #25 of 57
Quote:

At least their headphones don't look old-fashioned like grado. And their websites are pretty high tech looking. Grados website gives the feeling of a family made website.

A good troll would realize that even the biggest idiot wouldn't resort to saying "their headphones are bad because the website isn't very flashy".
wink.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

They are ancient headphones. Maybe try the new modern and 21st century companies? Denon, AT, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Sennheiser, Shure. I mean, even the name "grado" sounds weird. Also, the two cans on a grado headphone look like buttercups. And it's just a little family company.

Ignorance...

I say that not to be mean, but just the conclusion you've drawn. The fact that it is a family owned business doesn't mean anything at all. All companies start out that way, and some become design by committee and not by ear like AKG's K701.

All mentioned companies make ugly phones. It's just how it is.

Grado is as modern as any company. Their phono cartridge was written up in The Absolute Sound last month as a true bargain and very competitive in it's price range.

May 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Well at least Sennheiser and AKG models look more modern, and their names are pretty tight. And AKG and Sennheiser are proper big companies, unlike the family run grado.

Tight? Seriously? What are you...like 13?

It's time for you to try and step up your Troll game. It's some of the weakest I've ever seen.

May 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Grado doesn't waste money on marketing. According to your logic, then BOSE should have the best headphones.

Its a family run business that caters to all the audiophiles in the world. Pretty damn successful in my book.

May 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

They are ancient headphones. Maybe try the new modern and 21st century companies? Denon, AT, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Sennheiser, Shure. I mean, even the name "grado" sounds weird. Also, the two cans on a grado headphone look like buttercups. And it's just a little family company.

Oh god, there's so many things wrong with these statements. It's incredible. Obvious troll. Have you ever listened to any Grados?! I haven't, but I at least appreciate the technology and craftsmanship of them. To just bash them without backing up your statements regarding anything that matters (i.e. the SOUND) is just ignorant or baiting for an argument.

May 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #30 of 57
No one should be using anything that was made more than 2 years ago, didn't you guys know?! Only the newest bean-counted consumer-junkie stuff is any good. If we don't keep buying crap the world will end!
=====
Oh wait, let me listen to some of my 1970s gear and be blown away. Or some tube gear that was perfected a lifetime ago. I actually like the fact that Grado is a small family run business and not a huge impersonal company, not that the latter can't make good products but being a small family run business is not a negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back