Why are Grado phones so expensive in Europe?
Aug 23, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #76 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing strange about a product being cheaper in it's country of origin.

No kidding. To take another example, look at what has happened to the prices for single-malt Scotch in the US over the last few years.
eek.gif
The last time I bought a bottle of 10-year-old Ardbeg, it was $30. Now it's $69 - enough for me to buy a second pair of SR60s.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Good thing I stocked up when I could!

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but if I would lived in Europe, there are always ways of going around that policy if you are really interested, for example you can use any friend here in headfi that live in US, to get them and ship them to you...period...

deadhorse.gif

Or i can get them for you folks, I'm closer to you in Europe
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #78 of 84
wheeehooo they're in. Took a long time to get through customs, and cost another €50, but still €100 cheaper so i'm still happy.
And they sound great
beyersmile.png

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #79 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wheeehooo they're in.

The SR-325i pair listed in your signature right?
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #80 of 84
thanks! yes, put them right in my sig. very happy with them, they're so beautifull.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #81 of 84
A relative is off to the US and I might be getting a pair of RS1's as a pressie. There is a £100 difference between the best UK price, not to be sniffed at when you are poor like me.
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #82 of 84
yeah it's very bad.
I will give another example
Meiers amps are produced in Germany but the Price here in Europe is still more expensive than the price ,that jan meier sell the amps for customers in the US.
bad luck for the people in Europe

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #84 of 84
Sorry for bump,

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/grado-prestige-series-sr60e-headphones

These are a good deal even to people in EU. They cost 70$ with shipment to Slovenia, which is a great deal.

Even if you have to pay a tax and some import charges, they are still cheaper than anywhere is europe.

At my local shop, they go for around 140€

Users who are viewing this thread

Back