Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Aug 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #183 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I will get some flack for this one, but not a big fan of Bon Jovi. Maybe it was because mom listened to him all the time.

Yes terrible band. I figure they sold most of their records because of looks. I guess the music fits the term "radio friendly".

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #184 of 1,005
Alanis Morisette :shudder: ugh, whiny blah blah have a bitchy stepsister that listens to her angry girl music all the time. UGH!

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #186 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibanez173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elvis never wrote a song in his life so he invented ****.

I've never understood this argument. It grows out of the 60s/70s era when it was widely believed that to be a "complete" artist, one had to write one's own material. The end result is lots of brilliant instrumentalists and/or singers who insist on writing their own material, with dire results.

The Sun Sessions document the birth of rock music. Elvis combined the sounds and sensibilities of country and R&B in a way that, while not superior to similar fusions by Chuck Berry and others, was certainly among the best of early rock n roll.

Can you name a song that Mariah Carey wrote, off the top of your head? Brilliant singer, awful, trite songwriter. Yet her early albums are polluted with her own, sub-standard writing. It's just silly, in my opinion, to suggest that an artist who sings or plays brilliantly should, of necessity, be a songwriter. That's like saying that a brilliant violinist or trumpeter should compose like Beethoven. It's quite enough for me that Anne Sophie Mutter or Maurice Andre interpret brilliant compositions by the masters; I don't expect them to bust out their own concertos.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #187 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by sammage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, especially given the street value of a good kidney.

And ofcourse the street cred you get for cutting your own kidney out.

Oh, and I can't stand Jimmy Eat World, Actually most of the whole pop punk, emo/screamo is plain crap like someone else mentioned.

I can't understand how people can hate Dylan. I can understand how you can not like his untrained voice and his lyrics. But hating him is like denying he has talent.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #190 of 1,005
Lene Alexandra Øien
Just check out this video and you will understand...
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #192 of 1,005
Yngwie Malmsteen -

unmusical - plays at the same speed all of the time, plays the same patterns/riffs over and over and over - and has the personality of a cocky weirdo.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #194 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsaxin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all hiphop artistes

That's pretty ignorant, IMO. You should spell "artists" too, lol.

An example? James Brown.....you think James Brown sucks? He's one of the fathers of hip-hop....

You know hip-hop really encompasses funk, R&B, jazz to an extent, rap, turntablism, and soul right? Also, some other genres of music. People generalize hip-hop as rap...but your real hip-hop-ers, like your hardcore breakdancers, listen and break to funk, soul, and remixed jazz, etc....don't misconstrue hip-hop because of your ignorance on the subject. I HATE it when people say "hip hop is crap", and they really have no clue what hip hop is. Or generalize hip-hop with rap. Yes, rap is a large part of hip-hop, but it's not ALL hip-hop is.....

Sorry for the rant, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back