Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Aug 23, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #166 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hardly a latino, with the blonde hair and lighter skin. I know she's from a spanish-speaking country, but not a typical Latino.

She is from Colombia, but half latin, half lebanese. She was very famous and had an important and huge fanbase in Colombia, Venezuela, also in Brazil. This was more than 15 years ago, before she became a worldwide icon. I remember her CD "Pies Descalzos" was hugely popular all over. She wasn't blonde then btw:

B0009K8L5W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #167 of 1,005
_____________(please insert any '90s boy band)

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #168 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also hate rap. Just about all of it, equally and evenly. I wouldn't hate it as much but it's absolutely everywhere, and I can't get away from it in public places. Well, no, I can, thanks to the ES2
cool.gif

Yea, I just cringe when I hear some teen dweeb pull up in their ricer with a boom bass box blaring rap out of their car. Funny thing is I liked Public Enemy and Ice-T when rap was in its early days out but I hate most of it now.

Aug 23, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #169 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I wasn't going to post in this thread but the Shakira pics made it interesting so I'll throw in my 2c. This thread went 9 pages and no one said John Denver?! For someone whose catalog mostly consists of songs about mountains and trees and sunny skies his music sure does make me angry and violent. James Taylor falls in a similar category for me.

I'd managed to put Mr Denver and his ' music ' to the back of my mind for at least 20 odd years until I read this post.....damn you head-fi .

Aug 24, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #170 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by MexicanDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In pop music, I'd have to say the worst band ... ever... is Creed. I hate them... hardcore.

Another band I recently saw that someone LIKED... (must not have seen "them" live) is Dashboard Confessional. I never really liked "them", but when "they" (to my knowledge, the "group" is just one guy who has random people get together to be the band... why doensn't he just call himself "Joe 'Look at me I suck!' Schmoe"? I had to sit through a concert of his once as he opened up for Weezer. As much as I don't like the guy's music, the fans do add a little bit to my utter disdain.

Creed, however... blows goats. I have to change the radio station when a song of their's comes on. A local station here even started having Fridays as "Creed-Free Fridays". I like that station.

**BRENT**

Yeah, Creed went downhill a bit. Did you ever hear their first album though? My Own Prison's a great track ...

That was from before they were big.

I can't stand rap, I don't like much rock, or pop, and I don't like metal any more.

I just find myself appreciating the beauty of classical music more and more these days. I find I can lose myself in it, eyes closed in awe and amazement, while with most other music I'm skipping tracks, waiting for the album to be over so I can play another.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #172 of 1,005
discounting all the boy bands, debbie gibson clones, poseur punkers, electronics-backed smooth jazz aholes and wannabe gansta' rappers...I'd have to say Kenny G should be the first to be caned, next Vanilla Ice, then Britney Spears, Outkast, Lame ******** (Limp Bizkit), etc...

You'd need alot of bamboo if true justice was to be administered.

Aug 26, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #173 of 1,005
I feel sorry for every unfortunate soul whose knowledge of jazz is comprised in any significant portion of the work of Kenny G.

Aug 26, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #174 of 1,005
Right now I'm very much hating Sean Kingston. How he can rip off "Stand by Me" and "D'yer Mak'er" on the same record and honestly call himself an artist is beyond me. Is it really that hard to write your own freaking song?

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #175 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by Know Talent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
discounting all the boy bands, debbie gibson clones, poseur punkers, electronics-backed smooth jazz aholes and wannabe gansta' rappers...I'd have to say Kenny G should be the first to be caned, next Vanilla Ice, then Britney Spears, Outkast, Lame ******** (Limp Bizkit), etc...

Pretty easy to pick out the one that doesn't belong there. You might want to open your ears a little bit. Its much more fun than hating.

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #176 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceace76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elvis:
There were plenty of great artists at the time and Elvis hogged the spotlight simply because be was white. Very sad.

I think that's a gross over-simplification. Listen to the Sun Sessions. Elvis deserves to be remembered alongside Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, and Buddy Holly as one of the core originators. He never asked for the hype that grew up around him. The recordings speak for themselves.

Does he deserve to be called the "King" of rock n roll? Hell no.

Does he deserve co-credit for inventing this music? Hell YES!!

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #177 of 1,005
I don't like Dylan either - cannot understand what people think is so special with him.
But what I dislike even more is Greenday and the bands that share the same sound. My 16 years old sister listen to them a lot I really don't feel that kind of music - lousy musicians and the songs is so simple and "mass-produced" that it's ridiculous. There is no heart, feeling or meaning behind the music, nothing that is technically hard to play and the overall quality in the producing and mixing is just beyond tolerable. But I guess that don't matter since 99% of there fans are 16 years old girls with black makeup around the eyes (just like the guys in the band - which is plain sad).

/Chopha (the anti MTV-rock music man)

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #178 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with that part. Ugh, anymore I can't stand is Vanessa Hudgens, Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani. Yuck x10. I can't stand when my friend keeps playing these crappy song
mad.gif

yes, Gwen is a rip-off of Dale Bozzio (Missing Persons: 80's hairband) ....and white trash trailerpark sheik

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #179 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that's a gross over-simplification. Listen to the Sun Sessions. Elvis deserves to be remembered alongside Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, and Buddy Holly as one of the core originators. He never asked for the hype that grew up around him. The recordings speak for themselves.

Does he deserve to be called the "King" of rock n roll? Hell no.

Does he deserve co-credit for inventing this music? Hell YES!!

Elvis never wrote a song in his life so he invented ****.

personally i never like Elvis' music but i cant hate him and i can easily see people liking him.

people i hate though: Fall out boy (along with anything in this genre but they kinda lead the genre). Fallout boy has 0 talent. there music blows, i can barely understand what the singer is saying and i could easily play every single song of theirs on guitar becasue they are easy as ****.

George Thorogood: I fuycking hate george thorogood. i flat out hate him. The best classic rock station in my area plays george throro good atleast 2-3 times a day which is awful becasue i have to hear it. every ****ing song sounds exactly the same. its all god this stupid distorted les paul through a marshal, half blues half **** rock guitar lick and every ****ign soung is baout drinking. also his voice sucks

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #180 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zappa obsolete? Never.

While I still can't get into the Mother's stuff...
If Zappa was so bad, why did so many "hot" musicians play with him thru his career???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back