Who's your favourite Blues artist?
Jun 22, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 31
Luther Allison, Preston Shannon, or Super Chikan. Gimme a break used to live in Memphis?

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #20 of 31
Haven't been here for a while but wanted to follow up to this thread. I do like SRV and Johnny Winter but many white blues artists lack the soul needed for the blues IMO. Have you heard this album? I haven't bought it yet but have it saved for later purchase.

http://www.emusic.com/album/Various-Artists-Smithsonian-Folkways-Classic-Appalachian-Blues-from-Smithsonian-Folkway-MP3-Download/11823783.html

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:
Haven't been here for a while but wanted to follow up to this thread. I do like SRV and Johnny Winter but many white blues artists lack the soul needed for the blues IMO. Have you heard this album? I haven't bought it yet but have it saved for later purchase.

http://www.emusic.com/album/Various-Artists-Smithsonian-Folkways-Classic-Appalachian-Blues-from-Smithsonian-Folkway-MP3-Download/11823783.html

I actually like this for traditional blues, thanks. And Sitting on Top of the World has always been one of my favorite Cream songs.

Most early blues doesn't really do it for me though in the soulful department. But that just me whatever.

For me, I really dig Kenny Wayne Shepherd;  songs such as "Shame, Shame, Shame", "Aberdeen", and "Deja Voodoo". I'm pretty sure Corey Sterling (their original vocalist) is white, Kenny definitely is. 
biggrin.gif

Great live band as well.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #22 of 31
Roy Buchanan.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 31

Robert Johnson. Not only the best blues guy but one of the best of any genre. Easy pick for me.

After RJ I'd say Sun House and John Lee Hooker.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #29 of 31
^ That would be cool. You'd have to go there at midnight for full effect.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #30 of 31
Rory Gallagher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back