whos from canada on head fi?
Jan 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 76

Quote:
Quote:
what compelled you to move to shanghai.

I studied Chinese at University of Toronto (a long time ago). I have been studying and then living in this part of the world on and off ever since.

cool. i wouldnt mind  learning japanese and moving there, i always liked japan for some reason.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 76
Quote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero 

"Peter from hog-town signing in."

That's one of the most blatantly Canadian avatars I've seen. :)

(I am not anti-Canadian. Peter is my very good friend and I still razz him that we have Cy Young Award winning Roy Halladay.
That should make up for Joe Carter. LoL I won't rehash how many Lord Stanley Cup Finals appearances the Flyers have had since 1967 :) However Peter has said his son will bring the cup back to the Leafs when he gets drafted. 13 years from now.)

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #20 of 76

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero 

"Peter from hog-town signing in."

That's one of the most blatantly Canadian avatars I've seen. :)

(I am not anti-Canadian. Peter is my very good friend and I still razz him that we have Cy Young Award winning Roy Halladay.
That should make up for Joe Carter. LoL I won't rehash how many Lord Stanley Cup Finals appearances the Flyers have had since 1967 :) However Peter has said his son will bring the cup back to the Leafs when he gets drafted. 13 years from now.)

I know...I thought Captain Canada was kinda cool and nationalistically self-indulgent at the same time.

I think we can call it even now...Joe Carter/Pat Gillick in 1993 and Roy Halladay/Pat Gillick more recently.
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 76
Wait... we allow Canadians on Head-Fi?

(Just teasing. Had a wonderful, leisurely drive up to Wawa this summer and hundreds of great photos. Great country you have there and it's really not any different from the United States :)evil:) except for that blinking green light which I still don't understand.)

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #24 of 76

Quote:
Wait... we allow Canadians on Head-Fi?

(Just teasing. Had a wonderful, leisurely drive up to Wawa this summer and hundreds of great photos. Great country you have there and it's really not any different from the United States (
evil_smiley.gif
) except for that blinking green light which I still don't understand.)

lol. thanks. the us is nice to. i have been to seattle and i thought it was a pretty nice place. with nice people. but your right. canada and the usa have more similarities then differences.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #25 of 76
:) I wish I was still in the Northwest - trips up to BC were always wonderful. Vancouver might be my favorite city anywhere and it's spectacular up there. Canada is different enough to know you're in another country, but the people are great, it's beautiful and very safe. I also visit Mexico every few weeks. I speak enough Spanish to get by, I understand and love the culture, and the people are kind. But going to Canada is really comfortable - no "mordita" - and you can blend right in.

Having a really stable and friendly neighbor up north is the best thing that ever happened to the US. I'm hoping to go back up this summer. I've been toying with the idea of flying to Seattle and making a road trip up the Alcan.

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #27 of 76
Me too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back