Whoa! Cnet Reviewed HD 800 And PS1000
Oct 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 45
They do seem to be a bit out of their depth. They do drop some names like PS1000 and K1000 but one does wonder how much experience they have actually had with high end audio.

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 45
Dude, you people are losers. All you really need are some ipod stock buds (maybe move on up to some Bose for real sound quality). They end in one of those stereo mini plug like things, and then can be bassed out to the max by the rad equalization of the iPod. To buy anything more is to feed into the white collar stuffy shirt marketing and just throw money at the establishment, to feed "the man".

Peace Dudes

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 45
ljokerl;The bad: Extremely expensive; not the best match for an iPod; no included adapter for 3.5mm minijacks.[/QUOTE said:
LOL PMSL

yes because on us$1400 heaphones i think oh no how dare they not give me an adapter to run them off my ipod

classic
atsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL PMSL

yes because on us$1400 heaphones i think oh no how dare they not give me an adapter to run them off my ipod

classic
atsmile.gif

..and the worst part is thousands of people will see it...and think it shouldve been done...(out of ignorance)
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romulus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do seem to be a bit out of their depth. They do drop some names like PS1000 and K1000 but one does wonder how much experience they have actually had with high end audio.

The reviewer is hardly out of his depth. He's well respected here on Head-Fi and has been to a CanJam. My bet is he has a lot more experience with high end equipment that most of the people who have posted on this thread.

You notice he also listened to it out of a Woo Audio WA6 Special Edition

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 45
I don't think there was anything wrong with the review. In fact, I was the reviewer was pretty spot on about the HD800 as far as what I remember from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many iPod users will be disappointed after buying them? The reviewer really should discourage iPoders more; otherwise, good headphones will get bad rep...

IMO, if a person is buying the HD800, that person should already know what this hobby's all about. No average iPod user is gonna go insane one day and say "let's buy an ultra expensive headphone that I've never heard of before".

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #13 of 45
an interesting read but not deep enough, the best part is that they gave a plug to the Woo Audio 6, Jack deserves it, they're great amps! What killed the review for me was the stupid obligatory plugging of the ipod in a review of high end headphones, What do they get paid every time they mention the word “ipod.” Beyond comparing them to the PS1000s, they compared them to the ed8 which they haven’t even posted a review yet, guess that review is in the works.

Both these quotes made me laugh, how ridiculous:
Quote:

The bad: Extremely expensive; not the best match for an iPod; no included adapter for 3.5mm minijacks.

Quote:

To finish up we played the HD 800s over an iPod. The sound was spectacular in every way but one: it couldn't play very loud. It was loud enough for us, but if you really like to crank your tunes, the HD 800s won't be a good match with an MP3 player. The Ultrasone and Grado were better in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back