Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jul 10, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #362 of 495

Quote:
Though there is a skill in being in the right place at the right time definiatly that is hard to master.  To bad Forlan didn´t score in that last free kick.

I think a year ago, van Persie said he doesn't want to be a scorer of great goals, he wants to be a great goalscorer.  A man who has his head in the right place.  I loved the way the commentator tried to build up some drama before he took the kick, but Forlan didn't give him a chance.  Well taken, he certainly didn't lack confidence.  I've seen him a few times, but now I see what the fuss is about.

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #363 of 495

Does the Uruguayan goalie have english roots perchance? That was woeful keeping on the first and second german goals. Oh well..

I hope its a good open game tomorrow. Not too defensive hopefully. I'll miss this much football in HD. Fox Soccer channel isn't in HD here :frowning2:

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #364 of 495
Uruguays keeper certainly didn´t do a great match... They should have hired Germanys goalie then they would have won this. Germany just about always have good goalies.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #365 of 495
Follow me, don't follow me
I've got my spine
I've got my Orange Crush
                                               -R.E.M.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #368 of 495
Thank you world for visiting us, you have helped make this a great party and we have enjoyed your company. Good luck Spain, Good luck Netherlands.

Off to warm up the vuvulungs in anticipation of a great game
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #369 of 495
I think it will be a pretty dull affair and expect Spain to win, but I want Holland to win, because I think they've deserved it over the years.

It sounds like South Africa have done a great job with the World Cup and to them I say, congratulations and thanks.  It's just a pity that I wasn't there.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #370 of 495
Spain all the way.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #372 of 495
Even if the final is not the greatest, I do think this has been the best world cup for ages. Two new teams in the final, loads of goals, few penalty shoot outs, upsets and I will miss the vuvuselas!

I want the Netherlands to win as three defeats out of three is hard to take.

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #374 of 495
The Dutch team should have had at least one red card by the end of the first half. Beautiful first 15 minutes by Spain, shame about such dirty tactics, in general, by the Dutch players -- seems to be the only way to stop the Spanish machine.

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #375 of 495

Quote:
Even if the final is not the greatest, I do think this has been the best world cup for ages. Two new teams in the final, loads of goals, few penalty shoot outs, upsets and I will miss the vuvuselas!

I want the Netherlands to win as three defeats out of three is hard to take.

i have to disagree...STRONGLY.
this is by far the worst world cup in the last decade.the best was 2002,it was pretty wonderful and full of worthy teams.

as for this match why the f...  the referee doesnt want to take out the red cards?? 3  players of Holland at least needed to be kicked out.
poor Alonso,i thought his chest collapesed together.

Robben is a drama quene,puyol didnt even touch him.

it seems that Holland will lose,they are like hd650 driven by an ipod.pretty weak team.

I WANT TORRES IN THE FIELD NOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back