Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jun 28, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #196 of 495

Quote:
This is a naive statement.  Everyone knows, especially the pro athletes that play the sport, that would ofs and could ofs are complete rubbish.  What happens happens, and every team has to deal with unfair calls that go against them re: Germany/Serbia, and many other games this World Cup. 

To the post I was referring to.  Saying that England was robbed is completely absurd.  A 4:1 win is huge in football, and a 4:2 win isn't much worse.  England played well for maybe 15 of 90 minutes.

My dark horse team is Uruguay.  I think they have played outstanding, and have a good chance to win it all.

That concept is just stupid and if you watch football constantly as you say,you will know better than saying this.
as i said they were affected psychologically after the cancelled goal and nearly all the players were attacking thats why their defense was so open and thats why they got bitten 2 goals in a row.

if it was 2-2,they would have fought to death so as nothing pass the Goalkeepers's line.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #197 of 495

Quote:
i must say,although i hate The English team,they were cheated and the match was stolen from them.They were definetly affected psychologically after the cancelled goal.
also why didnt Capillo change Rooney?he played like a retard.

heh. in theory, the whole team was out of sync, they didn't have much teamwork, they really didn't look like a team that was helping each other out, nor did they really have any 'fire' in their eyes.

Capello still hasn't found a first 11 that works and too much switching of both the strikers and defenders exposed this; even though the midfield stayed as it was through out, I really would have preferred Barry or anyone else on the left instead of Gerrard. I'm a Gerrard fan, but I'll be the first to admit he didn't play well. The moment he went into the centre in the match last night, immediately a chance was created and that is what Gerrard is known for, the probing runs and shots from long range although they didn't come off last night.

Germany were the better team no doubt. But England just can't work out a first 11 and that is their ultimate downfall. There is no team cohesion and Rooney played like someone who was frustrated and clearly did not enjoy himself out there.

And no, I'm not an England fan lol.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #198 of 495
Capello wasn't strong enough to take out the BIG STARS, like Rooney or Gerrard. 
I still think that the english should blame only their "let play" football style. They committed only 6 FOULS, if a team is going to win you like that you have to use what you can and not act dumb.
Don't come with things like fair play. When rooney went past anyone, they sent him down. That is using your head.
But for this 1000 per hour football style they do in england, that is the result. 

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #199 of 495
yeah I think at a world cup, it sometimes shows how much the disparity in wages could mean nothing and it really bags the question then why they get paid so much.

I think there was a match where there was an Indian referee I think and he was giving away yellow cards initially for free and stamping his authority on the game. In a way, I think it's the right thing to do, unless a foul is accidental, most are cynical and thought through with intent and if that's the case, it should be yellow carded. Wasn't that the reason for having referees in the first place? Once the referee did that, the game flowed smoothly and play was honest and wasn't littered with fouls. Obviously then the question is when to draw the line for this and it's hard.

And yes, I agree Capello should have just taken out the big stars if they didn't perform. I didn't watch the first match they played, but the other two, Gerrard really didn't play well at all. Rooney has been pretty much non-existent in matches. But that being said, I thought Gerrard was their best player yesterday.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #200 of 495

Quote:

That concept is just stupid and if you watch football constantly as you say,you will know better than saying this.
as i said they were affected psychologically after the cancelled goal and nearly all the players were attacking thats why their defense was so open and thats why they got bitten 2 goals in a row.

if it was 2-2,they would have fought to death so as nothing pass the Goalkeepers's line.

Bad calls happen extremely often.  Do some research on Germany/England 1966, and you will see the teams are now even in terms of 'getting robbed'. 

This is the reason football needs a system where the coaches can challenge one or two blatantly wrong calls a game.  If there is overwhelming evidence the call was wrong then the decision should be reversed, as in this case.  As long as FIFA doesn't do this, bad calls will happen. 

Germany COULD have also scored and received a false offsides call, or MAYBE even a non-existent call like the one in the US/Slovenia game.  England COULD have come out from the start playing MUCH better defense and have a somewhat cohesive offense and MAYBE won.  The goal COULD have been counted, and MAYBE England COULD have won. 

Do you realize how stupid it is declaring that the match was stolen from a sub-par English team?  All you can come up with is, "Because I watch so much football I (clearly more than other posters in this forum!) I am an utmost expert in how much the psychological effects from something like this can drastically impact the game, and the effects can be so great that a sup-par team, or in this case a group of decent individual players, can suddenly outplay a much better performing team". 

Moreover, having a most players attacking leaving yourself open when the game is 2:1, with a lot of time left in the game is simply stupid and desperate.  If the English players didn't have the mental fortitude to know better they didn't deserve to win.

If a team doesn't fight to the death whether the game is 2:2 or 2:1 they most certainly don't deserve to win.  If a team is leading by a point or even two, and they don't fight to the death to stop a ball from going in the goal they don't deserve to win.  The English just didn't have it in them to win because they didn't and haven't played like a team, and when they needed to play like a team they simply didn't know how to keep it up for more than a few minutes.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #201 of 495
Say as you wish(i have no patience to dissect your post and respond to every part),but your concept is still wrong.

Maybe the word''Robbed'' is not appropriate here,but the referee didnt give the english team a fair game,the same goes to the Mexican team.Even if i was blind,i could have seen the offside.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #202 of 495

Quote:
Say as you wish(i have no patience to dissect your post and respond to every part),but your concept is still wrong.

Maybe the word''Robbed'' is not appropriate here,but the referee didnt give the english team a fair game.

I agree with most of the things he said bar his concept, but I really, like you, can't be bothered replying any further. He has his view, we have ours and in theory, we can all just agree to disagree. It's for the better of the thread.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #203 of 495
If I can add anything about England/Germany, it seemed to me that England was psychologically scarred going into the match (they hadn't been playing well, and everyone noticed). Consequently, it didn't take much to rattle them. (Boy, did Rooney seem despondent!!) Germany kinda gave a clinic, though, which is why I'm simultaneously looking forward to/dreading their game with Argentina, my faves right now.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #204 of 495
Bad luck for the English and Mexican teams, the referees didnt do their job right and in the end I thought that the best teams won (Germany and Argentina) the outcome would have been different if the goals  had and hadnt been mark.

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #206 of 495

Quote:
If I can add anything about England/Germany, it seemed to me that England was psychologically scarred going into the match (they hadn't been playing well, and everyone noticed). Consequently, it didn't take much to rattle them. (Boy, did Rooney seem despondent!!) Germany kinda gave a clinic, though, which is why I'm simultaneously looking forward to/dreading their game with Argentina, my faves right now.

The problem is that the team is over hyped... They have to exceed what they are capable of to make an okey match in the publics view... To much pressure and it´s very hard to over perform. To get this cheap excuse that they lost the match to the referee is the worst that could happen England.They can now continue to live in denial four years more until history repeats itself. I think England need to redo Premier League. Limit the number of imports and take care of their own talents better. And play football that is more compatible with how modern football is.

It will be interesting to see Spain. If they lift their game like Germany, Argentina, Brazil did in the cup play. They better have to!

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #207 of 495
As long as Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, England, Argentina. Cameroon or South Africa don't win, I don't mind who wins.

And so far, this is a great World Cup.  Personally hoping for a Netherlands vs Germany finals.  But as long as any of the above don't make it to finals, I'm happy.

Watching Slovakia 3-2 over Italy was orgasmic.  The 2-1 French loss to South Africa was mind blowing ecstasy.  England 4-1 loss to Germany, though should have been 4-2 was satisfying.  South Africa's poor performance was gleeful.  No team cries better than Italy does.  Love how they sprawl on the field crying, the Italians are great actors, like watching Hollywood.

Spain vs Portugal upcoming game, can't decide who I dislike more.  Such a tough one.  I want to see all of Spain cry, but seeing Ronaldo cry would be delicious also.  I guess a Portugal win would be better.  And then hope Paraguay beats Portugal, in not, Germany decimating Portugal would be great.  

I guess you can see, I love watching the World Cup, I love watching teams lose and watching them cry.  World Cup is the best!  Never see athletes cry like these football players in any other sport or sporting event.  England disappointed with their quick exit, guess they cried in the locker room.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #208 of 495
Man, I feel sorry for Japan. They held their own very well against Paraguay.

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #210 of 495
I hope Portugal beats Spain and then gets eliminated in the quarter finals lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back