Who watched the Michael Jackson Memorial?
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Posts
1,573
Likes
10
I think it was an overall great memorial for the "Greatest Entertainer of All Time" but I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see a new clip of his rehearsal videos.

Was it just me or my family but didn't the director of the London concerts, I forgot his name, say that they were going to conclude with a song from the concert?
 
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 24

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Posts
2,717
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see a new clip of his rehearsal videos.

Was it just me or my family but didn't the director of the London concerts, I forgot his name, say that they were going to conclude with a song from the concert?



They showed a clip on UK TV a few days ago...pretty good, I have to say.

As for the song - they did. Only live, with a cast of thousands but no Jacko. Er, obviously....
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 24

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Posts
1,573
Likes
10
Are you talking about the Hear the World and We are the world songs at the end? I don't think that that was what the director said but I could be wrong.

I was pretty teary throughout the whole thing but when the daughter came out and said something...I was done...
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 24

squall343

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Posts
642
Likes
10
watched the whole thing

the speech by his daughter although short but is very touching
frown.gif
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 24

bonkon

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 3, 2007
Posts
198
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
watched the whole thing

the speech by his daughter although short but is very touching
frown.gif



Didn't watch the whole thing but watched that touchy scene.

Which makes me wonder, is she really his biological child? I mean all 3 of them are so "white" compared to all their uncles, aunts and even MJ when he was a child. I know her mother is white and odds can occur that none of MJ's genes physically appear on her... but on all 3 of them?

I like MJ and most of his songs and I am not trying to raise a racial issue. I am just curious and also wonder what implications this might have on the custody and inheritance matter. As I understand the mother is not getting a piece of MJ's fortune or custody of her children, if this turns really ugly on court can she ask for a paternity test? With so much money at stake things tend to get messy at times. I wish all the best for his 3 children.
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 24

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Posts
3,285
Likes
19
I watched the special, it was very well done. I thought Sharpton's piece was very well done. Also, I enjoyed the Smokey R bit along with Magic J's comments. The daughter coming up broke me down.
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 24

iamoneagain

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Posts
1,566
Likes
478
Location
San Diego
There are stories that Michael's dermatologist's sperm was used. They also say Debbie Rowe may not be the biological mother of the first two. She may have just been a carrier. They also say that Michael did not legal adopt these children.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonkon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't watch the whole thing but watched that touchy scene.

Which makes me wonder, is she really his biological child? I mean all 3 of them are so "white" compared to all their uncles, aunts and even MJ when he was a child. I know her mother is white and odds can occur that none of MJ's genes physically appear on her... but on all 3 of them?

I like MJ and most of his songs and I am not trying to raise a racial issue. I am just curious and also wonder what implications this might have on the custody and inheritance matter. As I understand the mother is not getting a piece of MJ's fortune or custody of her children, if this turns really ugly on court can she ask for a paternity test? With so much money at stake things tend to get messy at times. I wish all the best for his 3 children.



 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 24

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Posts
22,596
Likes
503
No, I've been stuck at work all day and will be the rest of the night. I'll try to catch a clip or two on YouTube when I get home.

It sure made a mess out of Los Angeles traffic this morning, though!
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 24

MCC

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Posts
1,300
Likes
17
I tried to watch the news but everyone was showing this instead. HDNet had Star Trek Enterprise on though so I ended up watching that.
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 24

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Posts
1,573
Likes
10
In all the pictures that I've seen so far, the kids look white. However, today when I saw them, Paris especially, you can totally tell that they look kinda darkish and have some mixed blood in them.

Just watch this again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHJy...ature=featured

You can totally see that she is black.
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #13 of 24

y3110w

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 16, 2009
Posts
224
Likes
10
I dvred it but as always I messed up and only got about 30 mins or so of the actual memorial. I have about 3 hours of reporters talking instead. I did see a lot of clips from different news shows. I must say I was moved by it and his little daughter talking just got me. You just don't really know what you have till it's gone.
 
Jul 8, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #15 of 24

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
Joined
Jun 14, 2007
Posts
1,573
Likes
10
It's playing all over the place here in Canada. Like much music, much more music, CNN, etc., etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top