Who uses Crossfeed?
Mar 19, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #91 of 100
I'd love to try good crossfeed but the software based ones I have used sound like absolute crap and make the music sound very unnatural.

I thought the point of crossfeed is that with speakers the left and right bleed to gether but they don't with headphones, so this simulates that. However the crossfeed plugins make music sound muffled and distorted and music sounds better on my Logitech computer speakers then on my headphones.

Also I am a gamer and if I am playing an FPS I don't want someones footsteps when they are too my left coming from my right headphone
eek.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #93 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
The best crossfeed plugin I have found so far is naievesoftware crossfeed

http://www.naivesoftware.com/software.html

It is basic, non adjustable, very subtle and does much less damage to the sound than any other I've tried.

Thanks I'll check it out
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
I'm using crossfeed most of the time. My AKG K1000s have built-in natural crossfeed.
k1000smile.gif

It's official. Those are not headphones.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #96 of 100
I also did a crossfeed software but with an included signal generator so you can really try and adjust all parameters suited to your own headphones and ears
Get it at http://www.ohl.to/crossfeed-and-eq-for-headphones/
I also tried not to degrade the tonal quality itself.
It works standalone or as a VST plugin.
I think that you'll really hear what crossfeed brings to most of records.
Let me know your findings.

Apr 9, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #97 of 100
For Head-Fiers who uses foobar2000 or winamp (is that like 99% of the market?), you owe it to yourself to check this out. This is a exact digital version of Linkwitz's, Chu Moy's modification and Jan Meier's RC circuits. Mostly, I can't really argue with the price.

Check it out, it's really subtle. It does slightly lower your volume by -3db though, so just turn up the amp a bit. Of all the DSP I've tried, I like this one the best.

There's even lots of graphs at the website who those of you who dig that.

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #98 of 100
The crossfeed on the Meier HA-1 is actually pretty damned good! It operates in stealth mode in that you don't even realise it's in circuit "until" you listen to something with extreme stereo then it kicks in big time, extremely subtle as all good audio should be, I like it a lot.

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #99 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
which means it is working correctly.

Working incorrectly would mean easily heard and if it was, more a special effect-NOT a fix.

Kinda like cranking the bass to +15dB when all you really needed was a mild 2dB hump at 100hz.Spectactular yes.but also way wrong and that person should have their Head-fi membership card revoked
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Totally Rick. If you went "wow" everytime you flicked the switch to crossfeed mode it would mean there was something DRASTICALLY wrong somewhere. "Subtle" is what it's all about, not "wham bang thank you maam" in your face with bells and whistles. There should be an ever so slight shift in soundstage and an almost undetectable shift at that....... that's how a good crossfeed works anyway.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #100 of 100
I personally don't care for crossfeed. I've tried it for a bit, but when I switched it off it was like "ah, thats where the clarity went" Albiet I'm exaggerating a bit, but I felt it did mask some of the clarity. Basically what it's doing is delaying the sound between the drivers by some range of degree similar to the degree difference between speakers would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back