Who took advantage of the K601 from Headroom for $89?
Nov 30, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #61 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked if my order of K601 could be retermine to XLRs and this is the response from HeadRoom

Thanks for your email and pending HeadRoom order #98***.

Regrettably, the AKG k601 headphones have sold-out from our website (on clearance sale) and have been discontinued from Headphone.com effective immediately as stated on the product pages for that item.

Thus, your Headphone.com order has been cancelled. I am very sorry about the inconvenience.

I mean, the site clearly stated "In Stock" when I was ordering and now I'm getting nothing.

This is the my first(in fact 1/2 of first) purchase from HR and I'm sure this will be last.

What do you see if you log in to the my account section and check order status?

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #63 of 99
Order #98090 Denied.
mad.gif

This sucks. I was really excited to get them. Now back to looking at the akg k272hd which will be $60-70 more than the $90 i was going to spend. I hope they realize I am never ordering from them again.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #64 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by eam88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Order #98090 Denied.
mad.gif

This sucks. I was really excited to get them. Now back to looking at the akg k272hd which will be $60-70 more than the $90 i was going to spend. I hope they realize I am never ordering from them again.

I hope you realize it was quite possibly a mistake and if so they wouldn't soak up possibly hundreds of dollars of loss just to keep the sorts of people that would dive on such a deal happy.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #66 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I expected, the items has sold out real fast.

mine is #98079 and also is canceled too.

Did you receive an email from them? I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm order 98119.

EDIT: As soon as I hit the reply button I received the dreaded email. Order cancelled. That was supposed to be my first ever black Friday purchase.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #67 of 99
I got one from the support@headphone.com about the cancellation. then I reply and got another one from Jorge. (hope it's ok to quote here.)

Quote:

Thanks for your HeadRoom/ Headphone.com order# 98079

Regrettably, the AKG k601 headphones have sold-out and have been completely discontinued from our HeadRoom website as stated on the product webpage for that item. Thus, your order has been cancelled. Unfortunately, we only had a few AKG k601 on the shelf and we received many, many orders for that clearance item.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #68 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you realize it was quite possibly a mistake and if so they wouldn't soak up possibly hundreds of dollars of loss just to keep the sorts of people that would dive on such a deal happy.

I hope they can better manage their site, if they're too busy to do that, these services are available everywhere for dirt cheap.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #69 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope they can better manage their site, if they're too busy to do that, these services are available everywhere for dirt cheap.

With a 30-day return window and custom cable modification?

I doubt it.

Headphones are clearly a side business for their amplifiers, anyway. If you didn't realize that a price of $89 shipped was very likely an error then I'm sorry.

Aside: I haven't gotten the cancellation yet.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #70 of 99
Quote:

I was optimistic with the deal because it was just in time for the Black Friday sales
frown.gif
Oh well, $90 back to my pocket.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #71 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by oofie810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was optimistic with the deal because it was just in time for the Black Friday sales
frown.gif
Oh well, $90 back to my pocket.

True it would have been nice, but it was about $100 less than the cheapest prices elsewhere - the sort of thing I'd only expect if AKG was canceling the headphone.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #72 of 99
here's the clarification.

Quote:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the website only updates stock quantities every 24hrs-36hrs as mentioned in the 'Shipping Times' header below:

Shipping Information - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Many, many orders have been regrettably canceled for the k601 clearance; we had less than five (at most) on the shelf!

Actually, I'm ok with this. It's in holiday and hard to manage the site in order to satisfy customers.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #73 of 99
Canceled.
frown.gif

I guess it just makes my choice of headphones easier then! I won't have to sell a pair this way.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #74 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's the clarification.

Actually, I'm ok with this. It's in holiday and hard to manage the site in order to satisfy customers.

I don't blame them - a realtime inventory updating system would be pricy, to say the least, and they aren't really a high volume dealer, so it probably isn't necessary save for bizarre situations like this.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #75 of 99
Quote:

With a 30-day return window and custom cable modification?

I doubt it.

Headphones are clearly a side business for their amplifiers, anyway. If you didn't realize that a price of $89 shipped was very likely an error then I'm sorry.

Aside: I haven't gotten the cancellation yet.

I just had too much confidence in them, but look at the bright side, if both K701/K601 are discontinued, that means we'll have something new real soon?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back