Who took advantage of the K601 from Headroom for $89?
Nov 29, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #16 of 99
I just checked headroom again and they list the k601 as sold out/discontinued. They probably had to get rid of all the k601 to prepare for a new model.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #18 of 99
That was an insane deal! Half the price of the best online price... Even better than that Klipsch deal... that one didn't save me enough money D:

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #19 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be nice!
biggrin.gif

But I sniffed the deal out from another thread... hoodlum should get at least part of my commission!

WOW... I cannot believe the interest here. I ordered mine Wednesday evening and then posted the details here Thursday morning. The deal for the K601 had been there all week but I didn't pull the trigger till wednesday. There was also a deal for the K701 for less than $200 and I hadn't decided which one to go for. Then I noticed they increased the price on the K701 so I pulled the trigger on the K601.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodlum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW... I cannot believe the interest here. I ordered mine Wednesday evening and then posted the details here Thursday morning. The deal for the K601 had been there all week but I didn't pull the trigger till wednesday. There was also a deal for the K701 for less than $200 and I hadn't decided which one to go for. Then I noticed they increased the price on the K701 so I pulled the trigger on the K601.

Yeah, I can't believe this wasn't noticed by more people. I'm just glad that nobody else posted a dedicated thread earlier in the week... otherwise I wouldn't have got my pair!
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #24 of 99
Since it looks like AKG might be discontinuing their current line (possibly why HeadRoom has a big discount for the 701s, as well!), then I'm sure this won't be the last time a good deal on the 601s pops up on the internet.

Just keep them eyes peeled!

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #27 of 99
I had the phones in the shopping cart but couldn't pull the trigger since today I just bought a set of new DT770's and a Go-Vibe Amp/DAC and using the 30% Ebay/Live.com promo the total was $230

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #29 of 99
I got em too, I also took advantage of the Senneiser HD555 for $70 on dell.com. Now I have to decide which one o keep. Which was the better deal?

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #30 of 99
Don't worry, this headphone needs a good amp, and will sound thin without one. Not to mention that the signature sound is rather thin in the lower freq, so some will like it and some will hate it. Headroom has a 30 day refund policy, those who missed this deal is lucky in a way. We can buy it for even cheaper than $89 once people refunded the 601, and Headroom sells them on the b stock page. Boooyah!
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys if you ever decide to sell a pair let me know. I missed the deal
frown.gif
argh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back