Who still has the Sony SA5000?
Oct 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #511 of 652
  I don't recall any holes in SA5000 or Qualia drivers.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/568977/qualia-010-sa5000-and-sa3000-comparison-pics

Age.  Memory is failing.  The Sony's have a dome in front and a breathable sticker in the back.  Still has a big hole in between.  I admit I was wrong.  Should delete my post...nah.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #512 of 652
  Cheap looking copy, that plastic frame is a joke comparing to magnesium SA5000.
The thing is, HD800 sound better, like much, much better.
Man, why can't we have our cake and eat it too?
frown.gif

Better, glorified, over-the-top, but what about accuracy?

Listen to voices on both, it's no surprise that acoustic music excels on the Sony's.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #513 of 652

Cheap looking copy, that plastic frame is a joke comparing to magnesium SA5000.
The thing is, HD800 sound better, like much, much better.
Man, why can't we have our cake and eat it too?
frown.gif

Better, glorified, over-the-top, but what about accuracy?

Listen to voices on both, it's no surprise that acoustic music excels on the Sony's.

Depends on what you are after, I owned SA5000 for many years but they really didn't have a lot of headtime, preferred W5000 over them and now HD800.
I think HD800 is very accurate, and more realistic reproducing the material. SA5000 were cold blue, but man, I miss their build, HD800 handles like a cheap plastic toy after them.
frown.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #514 of 652
I've always wanted these, and now that they're going for $360 new on Amazon, I really can't resist...

someone please convince me otherwise, there's only two left in stock!

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #516 of 652
  I've always wanted these, and now that they're going for $360 new on Amazon, I really can't resist...

someone please convince me otherwise, there's only two left in stock!

Get them. No regrets. Trust me. They sound good out of a Sansa Clip.

And honestly, they don't sound much worse than the HD800s. Especially if the HD800 isn't paired well.

I'll pick one up myself for the third time. Actually, I'm going to do that. So you might as well pick up the last pair. 

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #518 of 652

Get'em before it's too late.   I've since moved to Planars but the sa's remain.  I just couldn't bare to sell them.    

My biggest regret is selling them the first time. Lol. I can't say what it is, but if you can sell the Qualia for that much, I don't see how the SA5000 isn't the biggest bang for the buck in the century. 

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #519 of 652
Just sniped both of them.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #521 of 652

Sony, are you listening.   Why no Flagship model from you.

Sil3nce,  whoa!    
eek.gif
  You da man.    I see one pair on Amazon for $800 now.    

Couldn't resist. They aren't available anywhere online. 880 on ebay. and about how much you said on amazon.
Brand new retail packaging was just too much for me to handle.
My wallet hates me now.

Now I have two HD700s, and three SA5000s. 
Good thing I'm aquiring a Sennheiser IE800 soon :p

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #522 of 652
^^^ I'm guessing you don't want my pair too now right? 
biggrin.gif

I've been contemplating selling my pair for a good while, but now that I've been away from them for a couple of weeks since I left them in school, I kind of miss them. They're a fantastic compliment to my other headphones, which sound much thicker and slower. I think what made me lose favor with them was that I was amping them with an amp that really didn't mesh with them. Since that amp is headed out the door and I'm probably going to be swapping it out for an EHHA, I'm excited to hear how they'll be with that.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #523 of 652
  ^^^ I'm guessing you don't want my pair too now right? 
biggrin.gif

I've been contemplating selling my pair for a good while, but now that I've been away from them for a couple of weeks since I left them in school, I kind of miss them. They're a fantastic compliment to my other headphones, which sound much thicker and slower. I think what made me lose favor with them was that I was amping them with an amp that really didn't mesh with them. Since that amp is headed out the door and I'm probably going to be swapping it out for an EHHA, I'm excited to hear how they'll be with that.

Good choice haha. This way you won't have to sell them :p Or be unhappy with your wallet taking a chunk.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #524 of 652
The LCD-2 is still calling to me though. 
frown.gif
 I'll definitely report back with my findings in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back