Who needs Head-Fi when there's Amazon's forum?
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

McPanse

100+ Head-Fier
Today's Amazon Gold Box deal on Klipsch Image X5 Noise Isolating Earphones has spawned some interesting headphone posts over on Amazon's message board:
Eh, there are dozens of noise isolating earbuds out there for under $50. Unless you are extremely critical about your audio, are you going to notice a difference from the $20 compared to the $80? From the $80 to these? No, probably not. I would recommend the $10 skull candy earbuds unless you feel you MUST have that tiny bit of quality difference.

And these. Well, unless they made me a sandwich or washed my car everytime I listened to music, I'd rather spend my money on something else.
Or this one:
Is this right? $250 for earphones when there are still so many poor people starving in this world. Yes, I agree that sometimes you should spend money on yourself. But if I were to ever own one of these, I would feel really guilty inside. Well, depending on how much I purchased it at. The one that Billa mentioned at the $30 price tag is really good. I own a set of those Sennheiser's myself. I love the sound quality on it. It brings the sound closer to your inner ear. For the money, the Sennheiser would be a good buy. But if you have money, then here are your new earphones! Simply make the purchase and wait for it to come in the mail.
More comments can be found here. You've been warned.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 14
Very intelligent conversations going on over there I see, I will have to read on.
popcorn.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 14
ya that second one made me feel like an *******, lol.

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #5 of 14
LooL, i am probably the last one who should feel guilty about spending money on audio ... Looking all people around me ... NAH ... Maybe some of this guys around should feel bad looking @ me LoL ...

Anyways .... i give my part first day to Yele Haiti and Clinton Foundation !

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 14
I don't think I would ever reach 1500 posts on an Ammy forum!

Hey look at that, I just made 1500! Could that be why I wrote this post in the first place??

No matter how lame the comments are, you have to love the prices over there, really. But have you noticed like one in five CD's comes with the plastic jewel case cracked? I have complained over and over, but replacements are so cheap I can't get too worked up over it, except for SACDs (don't have any extras of that type).

As for the spending money and charity argument, we've been through that before here. It is all a question of "percent of income" (or "percent of wealth"). Anyone who does not give something to charity every year but buys expensive consumer goods is not IMHO a good person. My wife and I just budget by percents: x% to charity, y% on vacations, z% on consumer electronics (including my headphones), etc. We do allow "borrowing" against future years, or from another account (I bought a deep discount Orpehus, way below the going price, but still had to agree to drive my 2002 junker Camry "forever"). And when a natural disaster occurs, like New Orleans or Haiti, it makes sense to increase your charity % for that year. If you do that, and the percent is in line with societal norms, then you should not feel guilty about your other (luxury perhaps) expenditures.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by theom4353 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn hippys making me feel guilty on my own personal audio indulgences.

LoL, dont feel bad a bit ... ask them how much they spend on crack mothly .. LoL

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 14
LOL! They have no idea what they miss out of...
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #12 of 14
It's a wonder that the high end audio trade still thrives with such ignorance being so common..

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by McPanse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... I own a set of those [] myself. I love the sound quality on it. It brings the sound closer to your inner ear........

No wonder I can't get rid of upgradeitis. All this time I've been trying to get the sound farther from my inner ear. Thanks for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back