Who makes the best hoodie?
Oct 1, 2010 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

hybrid35

Head-Fier
It's getting close to winter season and all my previous hoodies have been pure junk. Like skullcandy-junk. Anyone know of a zip up hoodie thats super comfy, stylish, and warm? Would be cool if the inside was a different color than the outside (wool inside? I dunno). Need something to keep my ears warm while I listen through my IEMs.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 47
I dig the $10 hoodie's at Walmart. I stock up every winter.

EDIT: Not the ugly hoodie's with designs on them. The plain comfy Fruit of the Loom ones.
I think they come in 5 different colors.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 47
Both LL Bean and J Crew have hooded, zippered sweatshirts with soft linings on the inside. I own one from both companies and would recommend each.

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 47
Stormberg Namsos maybe?
7768P_1_full.jpg

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #8 of 47

Quote:
Both LL Bean and J Crew have hooded, zippered sweatshirts with soft linings on the inside. I own one from both companies and would recommend each.

J Crew is something I would get. Lightweight and warm, so I'll look into that. LL Bean only has mostly kids and women stuff for sale so I'll stay away for now.

Quote:
just about any 100% merino wool hoody

100% merino?! That must be expensive. I'll look into it though because that sounds really comfortable.

Quote:
Carhartt makes some nice ones...But one of my favorites is a "Falls Creek" zipper lined Jobie...

The Carhartt's seem super heavy duty, I would like one if it didn't cost $70 for the one I want. Why do I have expensive taste
frown.gif
. I can't find anything in google that consisted of falls creek or zipper lined jobie or jobie that referred to a sweater. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?

Quote:
Stormberg Namsos maybe?
7768P_1_full.jpg

Woah. That more of protection against the snow. It appears to be very very very warm, but since I live in San Diego, I might have to pass on this one. I need something to block the wind, not shelter a blizzard haha. Thanks for this rec though, I'll consider getting this for winter season snowboarding.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 47

Quote:
Hmm walmart brand I always find a bit sketch. Anyone try Russell Athletics? I hear they're the originals of all hoodies.

My favorite hoodie. They're the only ones I buy. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #10 of 47
Woah. That more of protection against the snow. It appears to be very very very warm, but since I live in San Diego, I might have to pass on this one. I need something to block the wind, not shelter a blizzard haha. Thanks for this rec though, I'll consider getting this for winter season snowboarding.

No it is a rather thin hoodie. For those chilly fall days (5-10 degrees C), but nothing for a cold winter day.
Wind and water resistant, with fleece lining.

But of course it still may not be for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 47
Alternative Apparel makes a nice hoodie.  The major differences between an AA hoodie and a Walmart/Russell hoodie are the fit and fabric.  The fit is slimmer (vs. the boxy Walmart hoodie) and over time, the fabric is thinner and breaks in much better, so you end up with that "favorite old t-shirt" texture to it.  I like both.  But the Walmart hoodie is like a Big Mac and the AA hoodie is like a Five Guys burger.  I think AA hoodie will set you back ~$50 online unless you can find a way to buy wholesale.  I like AA's eco-fleece, but haven't tried the other kinds.

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 47

Quote:
Alternative Apparel makes a nice hoodie.  The major differences between an AA hoodie and a Walmart/Russell hoodie are the fit and fabric.  The fit is slimmer (vs. the boxy Walmart hoodie) and over time, the fabric is thinner and breaks in much better, so you end up with that "favorite old t-shirt" texture to it.  I like both.  But the Walmart hoodie is like a Big Mac and the AA hoodie is like a Five Guys burger.  I think AA hoodie will set you back ~$50 online unless you can find a way to buy wholesale.  I like AA's eco-fleece, but haven't tried the other kinds.

If it's anything like a Five Guys burger, then the outside layer will get all soggy and the insides will leak out like no other. If you order a small, they'll give you so much extra that you wonder who they designed this for. And even if you ordered in-store, they'll box it anyways and give you an extra long receipt for that one item you ordered. Eco-friendly Five Guys? It's a fluke.

On a more serious note, I know what you're trying to get at. AA looks like they never get deals (or people from slickdeals don't know about AA), so I doubt I'll be spending that much on something 100% cotton.

Quote:
haha they do have some cheaper stuff once in a while.... and i get the 25 bucks if you purchase seomthing lolz. but yeah you can ocassionally find some really nice jeans, like diesels for like 60 bucks if they have a big clearance.

This just gives me one more site to check. I don't think I can do that (I have probably a total of 20+ sites I check daily already and none of them are clothing) unless they give alerts to my email. Holler this way if they ever have anything Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, Diesel, 7 for all mankind, anything Black Label, Ben Sherman, Hermès, or Bally and I'll take a look
wink_face.gif

Quote:

No it is a rather thin hoodie. For those chilly fall days (5-10 degrees C), but nothing for a cold winter day.
Wind and water resistant, with fleece lining.

But of course it still may not be for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess looks are deceiving. But it's still probably too stylishly blizzard-like for me. Kind of like the survival Northface type of stuff I have in my closet.

Oct 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 47
If you're hell-bent on a hoodie, I'd go Eddie Bauer (waffle-lined is sooo comfy), or just go cheap. Buy one that supports your school sport of choice or something.

Personally, I would go for a soft shell ski jacket. They're expensive, but they're wind-resistant, water-resistant, comfortable, and on top of all that, they look very good. North Face and Columbia make very nice ones (and I'm sure that there are tons of other extremely nice, smaller brands, but those are the big ones that come to mind). Shop around a local ski-shop and see if you like anything. My jackets are some of my favorite clothes, they look nicer than a hoodie, and are more functional

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #15 of 47

Quote:
Burton.  End of story.

Haha I know where you come from. I forgot about those to be honest, need to get back into my snowboardin steez for the upcomin pow runs

Quote:
If you're hell-bent on a hoodie, I'd go Eddie Bauer (waffle-lined is sooo comfy), or just go cheap. Buy one that supports your school sport of choice or something.

Personally, I would go for a soft shell ski jacket. They're expensive, but they're wind-resistant, water-resistant, comfortable, and on top of all that, they look very good. North Face and Columbia make very nice ones (and I'm sure that there are tons of other extremely nice, smaller brands, but those are the big ones that come to mind). Shop around a local ski-shop and see if you like anything. My jackets are some of my favorite clothes, they look nicer than a hoodie, and are more functional

Those look DANG comfortable. I'm going to see if they have any in-store for sale. $50 is OK but I'm a cheapo looking for expensive clothing. I'm just a disaster waiting to happen haha.

Oh you reminded me of my softshell! I forgot I had one, but it's really styled towards spring jibbing so I'll see if I'm confident enough to wear it non-boarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back