Who makes the best hoodie?
Dec 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #32 of 47

Quote:
 Anyone try Russell Athletics? I hear they're the originals of all hoodies.

I heard that Champion was the original hoodie manufacturer?
rolleyes.gif

I love hoodies, wear them tonnes.  I have 4 criteria when buying them, since I found a great hoodie for me about 4 years ago.

1) It must have a zip that goes all the way up so that depending on the temperature I can zip up/undo them so I'm not too hot/too cold.

2) It must have a waffle (this is what I call it, but I'm not sure if I am correct) style hood. Seems so much warmer than regular hoods, it really does seem to lock in the warmth between the layers, kind of reminds me of honeycomb.

3) Large pocket so I can put my ipod or cd player in.  Havent got any hoodies with a zip pocket, actually that wouldnt be a bad idea.

4) Cuffs fit snugly around the wrist so they dont slide over my hand, which becomes annoying when driving especially.  Also, if I want to tuck it behind my watch so I can check the time I want it to stay there until I move it deliberately.

The best one I have is a 4 year old £13 Lonsdale one similar to but with a different style inside the hood (that waffle hood style I mentioned before)

Skip to 3.55 for Pete Wentzs hoodie collection, excuse the awful quality of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxBlYgTfQWc

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #33 of 47
I can't see any of his collection with that quality haha. I'm trying to get one without a giant stamp in front, so now I'm waiting for the right color and size for the J Crew Sherpa http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchNavigation.jsp?eneQuery=Ne%3D1%2B2%2B3%2B22%2B4294967294%2B20%26N%3D205%2B16%2B4294966730%26Nu%3DP_productid&NUM_ITEMS=45&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441803736&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395184137&bmUID=1291068647696#Crew. That lonsdale one would be perfect if it didn't have those giant words up front!
frown.gif
I'm too picky

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #35 of 47
Dec 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #36 of 47
If you want a regular hoodie, I recently bought a DC hoodie for $20 shipped off of whiskey militia. Those are pretty good. You could also look into special-blend, foursquare, forum, or burton hoodies. These usually have black ones too and are plenty warm for streetwear and snowboarders alike.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #37 of 47

Quote:
If you're hell-bent on a hoodie, I'd go Eddie Bauer (waffle-lined is sooo comfy), or just go cheap. Buy one that supports your school sport of choice or something.

Personally, I would go for a soft shell ski jacket. They're expensive, but they're wind-resistant, water-resistant, comfortable, and on top of all that, they look very good. North Face and Columbia make very nice ones (and I'm sure that there are tons of other extremely nice, smaller brands, but those are the big ones that come to mind). Shop around a local ski-shop and see if you like anything. My jackets are some of my favorite clothes, they look nicer than a hoodie, and are more functional

+1 Good quality ones should last you a long time!

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #38 of 47

Quote:
If you want a regular hoodie, I recently bought a DC hoodie for $20 shipped off of whiskey militia. Those are pretty good. You could also look into special-blend, foursquare, forum, or burton hoodies. These usually have black ones too and are plenty warm for streetwear and snowboarders alike.

Kind of looking for a plain black, with no logo printed on it. I'm having a hard time finding this, everything has something printed on the front of it. Weird/Annoying.

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #40 of 47
i've been wearing nothing but "american apparel" hoodies this whole fall/winter. very stylish, and so soft. you can't get more basic than "american apparel." pretty expensive though.
http://store.americanapparel.net/f497.html?cid=210

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #41 of 47
I have a few hoodies, Patagonia and cheaper but the best i own i got a Banana Republic believe it or not.  It is thick 100% cotton and warm.  It also has a zip up from the bottom so you can have more room when you sit if you want.  The Patagonia is recycled material and i got it at half price but it was still pricy and not as comfy as the BR one.

Edit-Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic are the same company but in that order their quality and cost go up.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #43 of 47
If you don't mind spending the money, you might want to look into Velvet Men.
Hands down the comfiest hoodie I have ever worn. Actually, most of their clothing is unbelievably comfortable. The lining is plush, plush, plush! I find myself wearing just the hoodie on crisp nights do to the plushness of the lining.
The hood is large and you can actaully wear your cans underneath the hood if you wanted.
Extra bonus: the ladies love it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back