Who lives in Canada?
Oct 25, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #121 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebell
Iam in edmonton.maybe I can meet some head-fier at gramophone store.
they sold the RS-1s couple weeks ago,I guess some head-fier took it..
tell me who?
biggrin.gif

did you get a chance to demo them? Every time I'm at gramophone I always end up listening to the speakers not the headphones.

Oct 25, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #122 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
did you get a chance to demo them? Every time I'm at gramophone I always end up listening to the speakers not the headphones.

yep,I 've tasted them,
biggrin.gif

I am a music guy but headphone guy or speaker guy
but since I listened those speakers at gramophone wow,for me the speakers is the way better than the headphones, made me feel the real touching music..thats the music that i want to hear .so ,finally ,I will go for the speakers...yea,not now. cuz I can't afford some hi-fi speakers...

Oct 25, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #125 of 213
yes, and frankly I don't like them one bit. They do have the largest selection and the huge flagship systems on display, with the $8000 amps, $3000 tt's, $10 000 speakers, but the service there is utter crap. When I walked in looking to buy my first set of speakers, I walked around to and fro for 40 minutes looking at various components and not a single employee approached me for assistance. They were all standing around the front desk BSing. Gramophone is a lot better and I have auditioned there twice, once to hear my triangles, and the second to listen to some amps. Brian (owner) is a nice fellow but at new retail price I just can't give him any business. Pretty much every component I have is bought used.

lovebell- that is a sweet collection of phones you have. We definately have to do a mini mini meet. I've always wanted to hear the er4b, and right now I'm considering getting a pair of dt880's. Course I'm in the process of upgrading my stereo system as well. yikes.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 25, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #126 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
... Brian (owner) is a nice fellow but at new retail price I just can't give him any business. Pretty much every component I have is bought used.

lovebell- that is a sweet collection of phones you have. We definately have to do a mini mini meet. I've always wanted to hear the er4b, and right now I'm considering getting a pair of dt880's. Course I'm in the process of upgrading my stereo system as well. yikes.
rolleyes.gif

yep,Bryan is a nice person.I guess they probably have the RA1&RS-1S on sale now .I am thinking to try them some day ,maybe on next week .

I agree, a mini meet is needed,of course I can bring my cans .
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #127 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Seriously. Beautiful city. Quite safe. But the weather? Bloody horrible. Super humid/hot in the summer, nasty wet and chilly in the fall and just downright abominable in the winter. Take Ottawa, move it south about 1750 km and I'm all good to stay here for life
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's because Ottawa is in a valley. The moisture just hangs here most of the time. The only times of the year I find comfortable are mid-April to mid-May and September to mid-October.

It is a safe city, and it has plenty of parkland. Overall a great city to live in. The cities road and infrastructure planners should be shot though.

Oct 25, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #128 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyC
I think it's because Ottawa is in a valley. The moisture just hangs here most of the time. The only times of the year I find comfortable are mid-April to mid-May and September to mid-October.

It is a safe city, and it has plenty of parkland. Overall a great city to live in. The cities road and infrastructure planners should be shot though.

Heh, once again I agree with everything you posted.

Oct 25, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #129 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyC

I remember when I first went to Ottawa for university. We got stuck in traffic on the 417, then half the roads around UofO were closed or one-way so we had to make a huge loop around town to get onto the campus. And all the tourists flocking towards the Parliament buildings didn't help either. It was so much easier to get around on bike than by car.

Oct 25, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #131 of 213
You guys are much too harsh about Ottawa... Sure there are sometimes heavy rains and heavy snows, but the city is beautiful year-round, there's no smog, it has a good cultural scene, a livable downtown, a lot of well-paying jobs courtesy of the government, better public infrastructure than anywhere else in Canada (thanks to politics), etc. I personally really enjoyed living there. It's the only place in eastern Canada I'd consider moving back to.

Toronto and the GTA, on the other hand, deserves much of the negative said about it. What a depressing place to live.

Oct 25, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #132 of 213
Richmond Hill, Ontario over here
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #133 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
You guys are much too harsh about Ottawa... Sure there are sometimes heavy rains and heavy snows, but the city is beautiful year-round, there's no smog, it has a good cultural scene, a livable downtown, a lot of well-paying jobs courtesy of the government, better public infrastructure than anywhere else in Canada (thanks to politics), etc. I personally really enjoyed living there. It's the only place in eastern Canada I'd consider moving back to.

True, the Rideau Canal pretty much makes up for everything and having Gatineau Park right across the river is paradise for a mountain biker like me. I just didn't expect Ottawa to have Toronto-like traffic, and other than that it's just about perfect. I also enjoyed living there when I was in university, and if I start getting bored with my current job I'll get myself transferred to another government job up there.

Quote:

Toronto and the GTA, on the other hand, deserves much of the negative said about it. What a depressing place to live.

I don't want to get into the politics of it, but all things considered it's a small miracle the city still functions. If you're downtown or in one of the not so nice neighbourhoods, yeah, I'd agree it's pretty depressing, but out in the suburbs where I am it's pretty nice.

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #134 of 213
I'm a canuk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back