Who listens to music on crappy gear for nostalgia?
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ffdpmaggot

100+ Head-Fier
Maybe its not "nostalgia" so much as hearing the song on a piece of gear for the first time and never fully enjoying it on any other gear. To this date I still prefer listening to my e2cs with a bass heavy "V" equalization for some songs. Its not a real sonic "preference", but thats how I listened to the songs for the first time, and they haven't sounded right on any other gear.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 11
I listen to the crappy stock stereo in my car. It's bass-heavy and not terribly resolving, but it's not worth upgrading.

I mostly listen to talk on NPR and it does that fine. Music is tolerable for long drives. I'm mostly happy just to have my music.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 11
I have an old stereo radio in my living room. I like to turn the treble all the way up to make it sound ok. 
tongue.gif

I use it sometimes..when im not with my headphones or my home setup. 

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 11
I found some really old ear buds that were actually a step up back in the day so I decided to give them a listen.  I found them to be quite flat from 400Hz to 1500Hz, but everywhere else they dropped off dramatically.  The imaging was terrible and there were no highs nor lows, but overall I was actually a little surprised.

Aug 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I listen to the crappy stock stereo in my car. It's bass-heavy and not terribly resolving, but it's not worth upgrading.

I mostly listen to talk on NPR and it does that fine. Music is tolerable for long drives. I'm mostly happy just to have my music.

Same here. The only thing I listen to in the car is ABC news radio, which also regularly has stories/reports from NPR, DW, BBC world, etc. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #11 of 11
More likely to listen to crappy old music on good gear for nostalgia  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back