Who listens to MP3 players?
Jul 30, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #46 of 61
OK, but one doesn't need headphones to use them in the presence of the teachers, right? I mean, one can record the lecture, then use the headphones to listen to it, but this would happen after the class is over and the teacher gone. Why needing (invisible) headphones during the lecture if not for listening to music?

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
What's really weird is that you're hanging out on a site where its members primarily discuss portable audio (ie. mp3 players).

In all seriousness, do you really think so? I guess I really didn't notice that. Actually, since my eyes are drawn to the threads discussing K1ks, Qualia's, Orpheus, and sources by Cary, Meridian, etc. I actually thought that the portable stuff was just a subset of this site. I guess it's all perspctive.

Just curious; what do other people think?

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_josephina
In all seriousness, do you really think so? I guess I really didn't notice that. Actually, since my eyes are drawn to the threads discussing K1ks, Qualia's, Orpheus, and sources by Cary, Meridian, etc. I actually thought that the portable stuff was just a subset of this site. I guess it's all perspctive.

First and foremost, we are lovers of music. Equipment is #2 while music is #1. Music gets first priority over equipment.
I explained the reason for MP3 players on page 2 of this thread. The 12:59 post.

Jul 30, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_josephina
actually thought that the portable stuff was just a subset of this site. I guess it's all perspctive.

Here's an analogy:

A serious wine lover will drink great expensive vintages but will also highly enjoy everyday table wine. Music is good in all forms. With great equipment and with good equipment. Music, music everywhere! We love music!

Jul 30, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #50 of 61
While I do love music, I rarely have time to sit down and really listen to it.
So, I take it with me for background. I listen to an MP3 player while at work or while spending time at my away from home motel. I listen to MP3 discs while in the car (not exactly the same as a portable MP3 player).
I'm 48 married and own a dog and a house.

I would like to mention that while at work I have had the occasion to wander through the woods listening to an MP3 player. There have been some truly magical moments doing that. The kind where the atmosphere of the music blends with and enhances the atmosphere of mother nature.
cool.gif

Jul 30, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #52 of 61
they were supremely useful when i was in school--walking to, during, after classes... studying...

now i still use it.. got 30gb hooked up to my car's system properly... no more dealing with radio or cds again. even mp3-cds dont compare

also, going over friends house... pop in the ipod and start a party

Jul 30, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Do today's students listen to music during classes???
confused.gif

Yeah, we do, hence all the kids having earbuds/Canalphones. But, there are some who do record lectures, but, at 16, not many do.... We usually just put on our headphones, run the wire down our shirt, and cover them with our long hair.

Jul 31, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #54 of 61
I used to use mine a lot more before I got more kit, now my mp3 player just gets used when out and about waiting for my wife as I don't garden, workout or travel in anything other than my car.

I have a home rig, a work rig and a travel rig. I just don't do much traveling.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #55 of 61
My MP3 player helps me keep my sanity on bus trips around town, and provides entertainment during other times when I'm not right next to my computer or another home source. It goes with me nearly as many places as my BlackBerry (which goes with me everywhere) and I have been carrying a portable music player of some sort (CD or MP3) for at least 4 years or so.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #56 of 61
Music helps the brain function better while working; something about using both right and left side of the brain.
Thus I use it when my teachers let me at school.

I listen at skytrains, walking, jogging, gaming, and everywhere else.

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991
Bottom Line: If you love music, there is no reason not to get it.

nice

my ipods are much better sources than my crap laptop and pc. i keep an rca lyra in my pocket pretty much at all times.

its just nice to know that your music there when you need it

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991
But, don't you just hate it when ur battery is dead?

That's why I find ones that have removable batteries; can't stand built-in ones.

If it's built-in, it's worthless to use IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back