Who is DONE? How long have they been DONE for?
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have enough stuff already for a small party...

After viewing your webshots gallery, I can see that
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice collection

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 101
I am done. Or at least that's what screen name used to be. But seriously, I've been with my current setup, L3000/DHA3000, for two years and don't plan on changing anything. It's perfect for the type of music I listen to.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 101
You can obsess about the weaker parts of your set up forever. It came to a question, for me, "Am I listening to the music or the headphones?" And really, when I feel like my music is lacking again, I'll try and find the best way to remedy that, but until then I'll be happily free from perpetually wondering if I could do any better.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 101
I think people who are done have left the forum.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After viewing your webshots gallery, I can see that
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice collection

Thanks but if you were looking at the "Evil Things" album...that's not my stuff!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 101
I've been here 8 years and I've been done for about 4. I wound up with HD600s, an old Total Airhead (I would like an SR71 but I cant afford one, I think that's the single best portble amp I've heard), and my 5.5 ipod. I've sampled a lot, but this is the warmest rig I could assemble for a reasonable price. I actually boutght about 5 amps three years ago, auditioned them, and went back to the Total Airhead. I like that old amp, warm and dark. Headphone-wise, I've heard most of em. I like Senns best. I've sampled the 650 and 800, but never thought an upgrade from the 600s was worth the additional cost.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think people who are done have left the forum.

Well I certainly don't post as much as I used to when I was still changing out my system every few months. I usually only have something new to post after I've attended a local meet and got to try out some different stuff. So far the meets have all confirmed that I am very happy with what I've got. I was worried the HD800 would change that, but they're just not for me. I've yet to hear the PS1000 though.

I used to think I would be happy with just an ipod and the SR-60 and probably still could if I had to.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #23 of 101
Just getting started - not sure why I waited so long. Pray for me - long road ahead before I am done.

Kind of wish there was one thread that summarized the progressive possibilities in Amps, Cans, DAC's, - I know it is hard because everyone has differing requirements. But it seems that a Top 5 of each of the most popular or regarded components i.e., Amp/DAC, CANS, would be possible because typically a handful of each device type rises to the top and gains consensus to some degree. So for example: entry level list of the top 5 of each entry level component such as CAN's, AMP, DAC, then midrange of the same followed by high end. Also having pictures of these setups would be helpful and any other signal chain accessories such as cables, tubes, opamps etc... If this already exists then please point me to it. Thanks again!

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #24 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to think I would be happy with just an ipod and the SR-60 and probably still could if I had to.

I am in serious debt from university and graduate school and have considered that very thing. But I can't seem pull the trigger on the idea.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #25 of 101
i'm not done.

there will always be something that interests me. although i have finally concluded that i prefer dynamics over stats. well, maybe not the HE90/HEV90 but cost makes that one out of reach. i just sold my KGSS and O2 a while back. i will keep my HE60/HEV70 which i continue to believe sounds better than 90% of the rigs out there. really a great and very underrated combo. the focus now is the 800. i have two balanced amps for the headphone and some interest in a Balancing Act. i also am very curious about the T1, HE-5 and Audeze, if it ever comes out. and of course there are many CD players that i would like to try.

so plenty of toys to listen to/buy in the new year.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #26 of 101
I'm just getting started as well i won't be done until 2011.
first i got to get me an nice pair of headphones probably in the 150-200 dollar range, then get an amp which I'm looking at which will be Around 200-300, I'm close to getting a pair of KRK RP5G2, then finally upgrade my klipsch s4s to an higher iem, so i'm pretty far away
frown.gif
unless i win 1000 dollars then it's all good. after all that I probably won't upgrade for awhile cause then I will be focusing on getting all Cd copies of all my music and ripping them into Higher quality files which then i will need a bigger HDD which hopefully i should have by then

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #30 of 101
With all three full size headphones I've been longing for the longest time now in my stable (K701, HD650, RS1), being more than pleased with my portable options (SE530, ES7) and the source/amp being sufficiently good enough for my gear (Pico DAC, WA6), I honestly don't foresee any more drastic changes in my inventory except it thinning out. Perhaps a few novelty items here and there (perhaps a different closed can, etc), but that's about it. Definitely don't have the financial ability to go further up to the next level (D7000, HD800, stat rigs, etc) anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back