Who invented Crossfeed ?
Aug 21, 2007 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Is it Jan Meier ? i see very few Amp use that function, a brief history of that ? who ? when ? how many brand of Amp use that ?

Just curious
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 42
I don't know how long Jan Meier has been in business but there was crossfeed in the original HeadRoom AirHead that I bought about 5 years ago

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I invented the crossfeed, along with salad dressing and titanium.
evil_smiley.gif

I thought all that was done by Al Gore, along with inventing the internet?
blink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 42
I would pretty sure that the CONCEPT of crossfeed has been around for a long long time (basically as soon as or not long after headphones were invented). The physical implementation of a crossfeed circuit, how would you know? Needless to say crossfeed is now everywhere, and is implemented both via hardware and software...

For example, do you know who invented the turbo for motocars?

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by globiboulga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would pretty sure that the CONCEPT of crossfeed has been around for a long long time (basically as soon as or not long after headphones were invented). The physical implementation of a crossfeed circuit, how would you know? Needless to say crossfeed is now everywhere, and is implemented both via hardware and software...

My question was limited to headphone Amp
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 42
Well, crossfeed must have started with headphone amps, obviously, either as part of headphones amp integrated to regular amps or in dedicated headphone amps...

The 70's probably are a good starting point... But, yeah, not Jan, that's for sure.
eggosmile.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 42
No, it wasn't me!

The eldest Article I know of is from the Journal of the Audio Engineering, April 1961, and was written by B. Bauer. A patent was granted in 1963.

Cheers

Jan

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 42
Jan's version is good though
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by globiboulga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Technically, no one actually invented the turbocharger for automobiles. I doubt Alfred Buchi, the Swiss engineer who reportedly invented this technology in the early 1900's, even dreamed of it being applied to the automobile.

Having seen various implementations in ship engines, trains and aircraft engines, the turbo was simply repurposed around fifty years later for automobile use. It didn't really approach "mainstream" here until the early sixties.

tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it wasn't me!

The eldest Article I know of is from the Journal of the Audio Engineering, April 1961, and was written by B. Bauer. A patent was granted in 1963.

Cheers

Jan

Very clear
smily_headphones1.gif

But who is the first who build Headphone Amp with crossfeed ?

Does today only Corda and Headroom use crossfeed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back