Who here is waiting for a Diablo?
Oct 4, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #16 of 50
I also agree with dr.morton, but then again I am not expecting the Diablo to be the end all and be all. I do hope for something different for my other portables. I also think that audio technology is not like computer technology where newer is almost always better.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been waiting over 25 months, which is much, much longer than I had to wait for a Xin.

I actually don't mind the wait as much as the lack of communication from Larry. The multitude of missed "deadlines" is also a bit frustrating. That said, I am in for the long haul and am hopeful it will have been worth the wait.

Mogata and myself ordered at the same time. It's been very dissapointing to have gone through this. As stated above, communications from Larry would have been so helpful in keeping the frustration level down, at least somewhat.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #19 of 50
Sorry about that Everett. I just preordered the Pico amp/dac and I bet a few other people on the pre-pay list for Diablo would rather be using their money for a new and exciting product like that. Hopefully Larry will come through with refunds or product soon. Sad to think of him sinking into the Storm Audio/Ken Law territory...

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 50
Yeah, very true. LISA III xp for instance. Hard to believe that someone can just blow off requests for information from the very people who you took so much money from. Also, the fact the Phil has separated himself from Larry doesn't leave much room for optimism.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been waiting over 25 months, which is much, much longer than I had to wait for a Xin.

I actually don't mind the wait as much as the lack of communication from Larry. The multitude of missed "deadlines" is also a bit frustrating. That said, I am in for the long haul and am hopeful it will have been worth the wait.

My god! That is crazy?!?

2 years after you order and pay for it and still haven't received it?

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry Boomana I did try to get some information on whether the amps are sitting waiting for buffers or still a design concept with just one prototype existing in real life.

Supposedly another forum member has seen something recently - but they have not posted at the other forum for a long, long while.

Personally, I think the time for refunds is long overdue and I've not seen enough evidence to keep faith in either Larry or Duncan. That'll be me banned from the other place now!

I've not paid for one in advance this time.

Steve

I saw your post and thank you for it. I do think it's strange that some, like yourself, who haven't paid are almost more active in trying to help get information than those who have. Did people just forget they bought one? Stopped caring? Gave up?

Does anyone, other than Duncan or Larry, know how many were actually sold? Maybe there are fewer than I think. Still, there has to be at least 30 sold. Where are these guys and why are they not pressuring Larry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you demanded a refund yet Vicki? I know you have been trying to wait it out, but I am curious whether Larocco will refund anyone who paid up long ago once they demand their money back. Good luck either way.

I've set a deadline (and posted about it) in my mind of October 15. If I haven't received my amp by then, I'm pursuing a refund, but I want to have a legal action plan (especially if others are interested) in the ready, if I don't get an immediate response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about that Everett. I just preordered the Pico amp/dac and I bet a few other people on the pre-pay list for Diablo would rather be using their money for a new and exciting product like that. Hopefully Larry will come through with refunds or product soon. Sad to think of him sinking into the Storm Audio/Ken Law territory...

I've been eyeing that as well. If it sounds as good as people report, I'll be jealous. I guess I'll know on the 27th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My god! That is crazy?!?

2 years after you order and pay for it and still haven't received it?

Crazy or criminal? I'm hoping for the former.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 50
What is the statute of limitations period on this sort of thing?

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the statute of limitations period on this sort of thing?

I have no idea, not having been in this situation before.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #26 of 50
I just copied this post from a thread on Storm's Pandora. The words were too fitting to not steal it over here. Hope you don't mind, Blitzula:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is surprising that people would still consider Storm after all that's happened. That's been the odd dynamic in this.

You've had a limited number of Storm apologists that have succeeded in muddying the waters on behavior that has been at a minimum incredible negligent, and at worst criminally fraudulent.

It's been accomplished by alternating between diplomatic-and not so diplomatic-posts that either shout down/criticize those who are calling Storm on its behavior, continuing to discuss Storm Products separately while exisiting customers haven't received their products, and the constant, constant carrot that delivery is-really, this time for sure-going to happen by such and such a date.

Particularly fascinating is that Storm has hardly answered any of these issues on its own. It has posters to do that on its behalf. It's a smart move...set and then fail expectations without formally committing on your company's behalf.

You can really see how a shrewd person can manipulate the internet and forums to build buzz (or defray bad buzz) regarding their product.

I think Storm has also benefitted from many Head-Fiers' good nature, who just couldn't believe that someone they liked and trusted was taking advantage of them.

Since we're constantly having new members who aren't aware of the controversy, pointing it out so that they're fully informed before making any purchase decisions is helpful.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #28 of 50
I was waiting for one (for two years actually!) but I have asked for a refund... no refund received yet!

And BTW, every buyer I know HAS been pestering Larry with emails, but he doesn't reply to any of them.

I email him every month about a PSU that I paid for but never received, and the last reply I got was in March 2006 telling me that he had mailed it to the wrong person.

I just checked the original thread at ipastudio, and in November 2005, Duncan said that shipping of Diablo's will be "a few weeks away"... if he meant 100 weeks away and counting, I guess he was right!

I have no confidence atall in Larocco Audio, but should get my Lisa III from Triad next week - hurrah!

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #29 of 50
I am surprised that no one pursued legal options after 9 to 12 months.I dont think any amp is worth the kinda shoddy treatment .I am sure they would not have come up wiht the idea of the diablo wiht out having a working prototype in hand .And assebling 30 amps in 9 months is slow and 25 month is mad.

You guys should have created an example of larry by having taken legal action.

I agreed its a great piece ,another perosn who works pretty much on the same frustrating style is xin but I would never compare xin with larry as is he completely trust worthy and I dont think there has been an instace when he charged a card before he shipped it out(paypal he cant help).Larry sounds like the perfect fly by night kind of operator.

Anyways do you think phil would not be allowed to create amps resembling the prII or the diablo at triad.Is there some kinda legally binding thing to it .if he would make such amps at triad I for one would like it(lisaIII TO HUGE).

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #30 of 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back