Who here is waiting for a Diablo?
Oct 3, 2007 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

boomana

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering which head-fiers were, like me, still waiting for the Diablo. It's hard to tell on the other site who is posting out of interest vs. who has paid and waiting. If all 50 were actually sold, it would seem most buyers aren't posting at all. With the last round of excuses, bad buffers from China, and one more date missed ("the amps are going to start shipping in a week, so that means peeps will see them in 1.5 to 2 weeks."), I think it's time to figure out who we are and consider options.

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 50
You sir should be commended, I would not have had the patience and I come from the Xin camp.

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sir should be commended, I would not have had the patience and I come from the Xin camp.

boomana is a "ma'am"
wink.gif

but i have to give you credit, boomana...i, too, waited for a xin product and it's not fun. i can only imagine what waiting for the diablo is/was like. this thing better be the second coming of you-know-who...and be able to cure world hunger.

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 50
I'm actually very surprised that nobody's taken legal action.
Taking peoples' money, and not delivering on multiple promises is unethical.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 50
I've been waiting over 25 months, which is much, much longer than I had to wait for a Xin.

I actually don't mind the wait as much as the lack of communication from Larry. The multitude of missed "deadlines" is also a bit frustrating. That said, I am in for the long haul and am hopeful it will have been worth the wait.

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been waiting over 25 months, which is much, much longer than I had to wait for a Xin.

I actually don't mind the wait as much as the lack of communication from Larry. The multitude of missed "deadlines" is also a bit frustrating. That said, I am in for the long haul and am hopeful it will have been worth the wait.

i waited 5 months to get a vol. pot changed in the original pocket reference...but larry did upgrade a bunch of components to make up for the delay. hopefully you guys will all feel like it was worth the wait.

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually very surprised that nobody's taken legal action.
Taking peoples' money, and not delivering on multiple promises is unethical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm considering legal action, which is one reason I'm curious to learn who else is in line. If I knew we'd definitely get our amps, I'd be willing to wait it out a little more, but at this point I think we must consider all options since Larry has produced nothing but a couple pictures of a single amp a few months ago and no word since. He sent an email to Duncan awhile back saying he was shipping out the first one to him, and he never received it. Since then, it's been only stray messages, again, only through Duncan, that have proved to mean nothing. I don't even remember how much money I sent ($500ish). At this point, I'm ready to spend it elsewhere.

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

and am hopeful it will have been worth the wait.

With all the new and improved amps which came out over the last couple of months it is doubtful that the Diablo will beat them all. After Phil designed the Diablo he finished the LISA III and the forthcoming portable headcode. I do not doubt that it will be a very good amp but wait and see if it is among the best. At least it will be the most visually impressive amp.

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #9 of 50
Sorry Boomana I did try to get some information on whether the amps are sitting waiting for buffers or still a design concept with just one prototype existing in real life.

Supposedly another forum member has seen something recently - but they have not posted at the other forum for a long, long while.

Personally, I think the time for refunds is long overdue and I've not seen enough evidence to keep faith in either Larry or Duncan. That'll be me banned from the other place now!

I've not paid for one in advance this time.

Steve

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all the new and improved amps which came out over the last couple of months it is doubtful that the Diablo will beat them all. After Phil designed the Diablo he finished the LISA III and the forthcoming portable headcode. I do not doubt that it will be a very good amp but wait and see if it is among the best. At least it will be the most visually impressive amp.

Precisely what I was thinking. With all the boutique manufacturers out there, pouring their heart and resources into their own amps (the Lisa III being a great example), I highly doubt that the Diablo is going to blow the rest of these high-end amps away. Sure it'll be one of the best (we hope), but it's not going to change anyone's life.

It's come to the point whereby it's not so much about the wait, or even the quality of the amp anymore, but the empty promises, and breach of trust.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 50
I am still waiting for mine too, over one year. I also don't believe that it will be a world-beater sonically, although if it does ever actually happen it may be the nicest LOOKING portable ever.

But right now it doesn't appear to ME that we will ever see them.

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #13 of 50
I'm sorry, but what Lorrocco Audio have done to you guys is downright disgraceful. There is simply no excuse to have taken this long. NONE. Not research, not setbacks, nothing.

The only reason scumbags like this keep getting away with it is the 'praise the effort/praise the intention' mentality that is so prevelant here at Headfi. Lets not say anything negative about anybody, and be best friends with everyone, regardless of their buisness ethics and actions. They had good intentions.

If I payed my trash truck service to come by last week, and they put their shoes on, intending to go to work, but then decided to go to the movies instead, I would not only demand my money back, I would get another company's service.

The business model Triad has is a zillion times more reasonable than Lorrocco. Once the Lisa III has been around a while, I predict Lorrocco audio will be up the creek regarding new sales. There is simply no reason for anyone to give them money in 2007.

***climbs down from pedestal****

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #14 of 50
I have to third the comment by dr.morton that the Diablo is such old news that it is likely to have been surpassed by more recent offerings. Sure it looks cool, but I am guessing based on pure speculation that cheaper and better-sounding amps are available and more will come out before
evil_smiley.gif
ever hits the streets for real.

Have you demanded a refund yet Vicki? I know you have been trying to wait it out, but I am curious whether Larocco will refund anyone who paid up long ago once they demand their money back. Good luck either way.

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 50
Larry at Larocco doesn't generally reply to email, although when I did get him to reply when I threatened to go to collections when he hadn't shipped me a PRII I had paid for. Not sure what would happen if someone tried to get a refund on a Diablo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back