Who here is NOT buying MW2?
Nov 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #152 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not badly priced at all in Australia lol. $79. Around the normal price for a new game.

Here its $120NZD for the PC version. PC games are normally $99 here and console games normally $120. It is certainly overpriced.

I know of about 10 people who have bought it for PC, which completely smashes my prediction of 0 sales. How disappointing.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #153 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...casual console-gamers who don't have any appreciation for video games?

They seem to appreciate games enough to pay their hard earned dollars for them, something that's increasingly rare on the PC side of the equation.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #154 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They seem to appreciate games enough to pay their hard earned dollars for them, something that's increasingly rare on the PC side of the equation.

Well, not ALL console gamers spend their "hard earned dollars." Microsoft banned 1 million users the other day for modding their 360s to play pirated games
Report: Microsoft bans 1 million Xbox Live players | Geek Gestalt - CNET News

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #156 of 218
Quote:

Go to craigslist and in the video games section look up xbox 360, you'll be surprised. Many of them are "modded" with pre-loaded pirated games.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #157 of 218
Quote:

Speak for yourself. I buy all my games, and if you know people that pirate software/music/movies, then go harass them.

I pay for games that are worth paying for, and the ones that aren't, I don't play. If it's worth my time, it's worth my money. Period.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #158 of 218
Quote:

Here its $120NZD for the PC version. PC games are normally $99 here and console games normally $120. It is certainly overpriced.

I know of about 10 people who have bought it for PC, which completely smashes my prediction of 0 sales. How disappointing.

Ouch! That's what I was expecting for it in Aus. I'm still not interested in the game but so far people I know aren't experience crazy lag but because of my speeds I know for sure that I'd get lag. Remembering that I'm only interested in the game for multi, there is no point in buying it.

Can't wait to buy Borderlands which I'm going to do after I finish my last exam for the year.

Quote:

I've never bought a pirated pc game. Had a mod chip in my PS1 and I went bananas. Never bothered with my PS2 because how many games do you want? Really, that is a pretty low comment to make and says a lot about the person who makes such a broad sweeping statement.
wink.gif

Quote:

Infinity Ward don't give a crap about the PC community which helped make the Call of Duty name what it is today. 200,000 signatures and still they ignore us in favour of casual console-gamers who don't have any appreciation for video games?

I think there are a lot of console gamers whom appreciate gaming quite a bit. MW2 isn't a casual gamer's game.

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #159 of 218
Quote:

MW2 isn't a casual gamer's game.

It's a pretty generic FPS then for a game that isn't a "casual gamer's game."

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #161 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a pretty generic FPS then for a game that isn't a "casual gamer's game."

Celebrities in commercials promoting it? check
Eminem making a song for a trailer? check
A marketing budget that was probably bigger than the budget for development? check
Biggest hype train ever seen? check

I'd say it is a casual gamer's game.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #163 of 218
I'm definitely not buying. These FPS war games are a dime a dozen and don't do anything for me. I've never owned any of the COD series.

I'd rather just stick with something unique like Team Fortress 2. I've been playing it for six months now and it's still nowhere near boring.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #164 of 218
Quote:

I think there are a lot of console gamers whom appreciate gaming quite a bit. MW2 isn't a casual gamer's game.

Yes, but there are far more who don't. I know many people who only bought MW2 because of the marketing and the hype-train.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #165 of 218
Quote:

I've never bought a pirated pc game. Had a mod chip in my PS1 and I went bananas. Never bothered with my PS2 because how many games do you want? Really, that is a pretty low comment to make and says a lot about the person who makes such a broad sweeping statement.
wink.gif

I'll admit it's a bit low, but certainly no lower than saying that console gamers don't appreciate a good game. Console gaming has been around for a long time, and has clearly delivered it's fair share of excellent games for hardcore gamers.

And well, truth is an absolute defense. Current generation console games have a dramatically lower piracy rate and move many more units than their PC counterparts. No reasonable observer will dispute this, and it's been the prime driver in the exodus of former PC devs to console land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back