Who here is NOT buying MW2?
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #136 of 218
it's like saying im a better music listener because i only use SACD because it's the superior platform and what i've chosen to dump all my cash into. is it about the music or the medium? the game or the platform? pc gamers are constantly whining about not getting the attention of game developers instead of just playing the damn games for what they are.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #137 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by thaddeussmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why does it matter? pc gamers are whiny self indulgent girls ..gaming is gaming, who gives a damn the platform?

facepalm.jpg

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #139 of 218
Quote:

why does it matter? pc gamers are whiny self indulgent girls ..gaming is gaming, who gives a damn the platform?

Quote:

it's like saying im a better music listener because i only use SACD because it's the superior platform and what i've chosen to dump all my cash into. is it about the music or the medium? the game or the platform? pc gamers are constantly whining about not getting the attention of game developers instead of just playing the damn games for what they are.

I can see further in my games.

I have higher resolution textures in my games.

I have better load times in my games.

I have better control over my games.

I can use player created content in my games.

I can take screen captures of any game I want.

I get higher quality sound out of my games.

Most times, I get a better price on my games.

There are very few games I want to play on my PC that aren't better on PC or flat out not available, and the only one that comes to mind is Fable 2.

I have better AI in my games (I've seen the console version countlessly dumbed down).

PC gaming is my preference, and I think it's better. But I'm not a self indulgent whiny little girl.

Personally I think the SACD argument is poor because SACD aren't as commercially available as regular CD's. I've only found one SACD I might have considered buying at the store, and I opted for the CD version because it's what I'd inevitably use. I think the argument that PC gaming is like amping your headphones as opposed to using them right out of your ipod. Better clarity, control, & options!

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #140 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But what percentage of those were on PC?

Irrelevant given the spin that can be put on it.

Pro PC Gaming:
High sales percentage == PC gamers still drive sales!
Low sales percentage == PC gamers' boycott worked!

Anti PC Gaming:
High sales percentage == PC gamers are suckers!
Low sales percentage == PC gamers are no good pirates!

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #141 of 218
Quote:

day 1: 7million copies sold. nice boycott .. :p

The power of the hype train and marketing.

Edit: Actually I don't feel like creating a war, but I just want to say that I like PC gaming and it's advantages. Also that the cost of it is a common misconception. That one's a pet peeve.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #142 of 218
Quote:

day 1: 7million copies sold. nice boycott .. :p

This is an analyst estimate not real sales figures, we'll have to wait and see before you can state it as fact though I'm sure its done well.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1044456p1.html

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #143 of 218
Quote:

this is why people give a damn:

- No dedicated servers.
- No mod support.
- Max multiplayer 9v9.
- No lean.
- $60 price tag for a PC game.
- Runs on IW.net P2P network.
- No console
- No match recording.
- No ability to kick or ban hackers

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #145 of 218
MW2 already has aimbots and wallhacks. So much for IWNet making it hard to hack :/

And since the server host can't kick, the hackers won't be stopped until IW gets around to banning them, which they probably won't even do on PC if they keep on not caring about us.

It's a shame too, since the footage I've seen of MW2 looks really good.

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #146 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSilverice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways...

I preordered this game but then decided to change the preorder to Gran Turismo 5 instead.

been waiting very patiently for this to come out :/

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #148 of 218
Infinity Ward don't give a crap about the PC community which helped make the Call of Duty name what it is today. 200,000 signatures and still they ignore us in favour of casual console-gamers who don't have any appreciation for video games?

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #149 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Infinity Ward don't give a crap about the PC community which helped make the Call of Duty name what it is today. 200,000 signatures and still they ignore us in favour of casual console-gamers who don't have any appreciation for video games?

This is akin to grado dropping all their headphones and focusing on making GRI's and iGrado's. They may sound good, but they're shutting out the people who made them... thier fans.

That might put it into perspective for those who don't understand.

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #150 of 218
FWIW, I thought the SP was repetitive and horrible. The reunion and resulting nostalgic missions (those who played know what I'm talking about) were the best, but overall it felt more like spamming enemies towards you than any real tactical situation.

As for the invasion, I think it would have been way more coherent for the understanding of the storyline if you played as a soldier of the invading force.

As it stands, I wouldn't pay even $10 for MW2 on the PC. If I was a regular console player, maybe $30 just for the multiplayer, but for the PC, it is way off its asking price of $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back