Who here is a high school audiophile?
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,006 of 1,284
^^ Tricked me with the UW thing before. Always thought you meant Waterloo the superior school. 
angry_face.gif

Anyone ever hide their purchases from parents before? Well at least the price? I think they STILL don't know how much the LCD-2s cost. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,007 of 1,284
Quote:
^^ Tricked me with the UW thing before. Always thought you meant Waterloo the superior school. 
angry_face.gif

Anyone ever hide their purchases from parents before? Well at least the price? I think they STILL don't know how much the LCD-2s cost. 

Haha, no, at least not purchases of a headphone nature :wink:
My parents don't get why after buying my first pair (k242's) I chose to get another. The purpose and difference between open and closed back does not really make sense for them.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #1,008 of 1,284
Quote:
angry_face.gif

My mom has access to my bank account, so I can't really hide any purchases from her... -_-

Haha, no, at least not purchases of a headphone nature :wink:
My parents don't get why after buying my first pair (k242's) I chose to get another. The purpose and difference between open and closed back does not really make sense for them.

Lol, I know that feel. It took some convincing as to why I wanted the Mad Dogs when I already had the HD600.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,009 of 1,284

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,010 of 1,284
angry_face.gif

UWaterloo4lyfe

My dad was joking about how he'll break my headphones and stuff, and then I told him the price and he walked away.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,011 of 1,284
I need to get a job once I turn 16 so I can actually buy stuff I want, like an oppai mouse pad (I'm with you mechy, might get a friend to get one for a birthday present...) and expensive headphones...

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,013 of 1,284
I have access to my parent's bank account, and I most of my (small) purchases from them 
tongue.gif

You most of your small purchases?
Technically I do as well, but I find it to be much more convenient to have your own account. When you get in a frenzy of ordering things on someone else's account, Keeping track of the total can get confusing. And since the account is free, why not go ahead and make one?

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,014 of 1,284
I use my dads accoun for stuff he really doesn't care about like, if I order DIy parts, like, that's something for me to do he sees as like paying for an activity some doesn't care. But all my cans (x11, Q701, Sextett, 2Pairs HE-400(selling), HE-LE) and my amps (Lyr E17 and O2) and my Gamm2 are all paid for by my summer job, $1.25/hour haha

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #1,015 of 1,284
Hello! I'm 18 now, senior in high school, soon to be a college student. I actually managed to get a huge scholarship so I'm going to have some money left over to buy things for me >:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back