Who here is a high school audiophile?
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #947 of 1,284
Quote:
No, I really want to! I just can't justify the ridiculous prices. I mean, one good quality figurine could be more than my Mad Dogs in theory. >_<

its totally worth it
normal_smile .gif
. i honestly think that a good figurine is worth every penny.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #948 of 1,284
Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure you could get MasterGrade gundam kits for under $250. They count as figurines, right?

Yeah, but I'm talking about the super badass foot tall amazing lifelike figures...
Quote:
its totally worth it
normal_smile%20.gif
. i honestly think that a good figurine is worth every penny.

Ehhh... You're taking a 2d thing and making it 3d... Guess it sorta memorializes your liking for the series, but I haven't found the spare cash to buy some yet.

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #950 of 1,284
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't debunk the HE-6 till you hear it with a speaker amp.

Okay, but is a $2,600 GSX with an external power supply not enough?

Don't think so. A lot of people think you haven't heard the HE-6 until you hear it with a speaker amp. The GS-X is a fantastic amp, but all the HE-6 wants is power.

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #951 of 1,284
Don't think so. A lot of people think you haven't heard the HE-6 until you hear it with a speaker amp. The GS-X is a fantastic amp, but all the HE-6 wants is power.
Fine, I'll try it with a speaker amp one day... how many W/Ch?

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #952 of 1,284
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure about that. This'll work well though http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpr5 

Just kidding, don't need that good of one. Probably the UPA-200 and up. Haven't researched speaker amps much, I just know Emotiva makes some good ones.

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #953 of 1,284
Quote:

hehehehheheheheh, I've found a tube speaker amp works best with my HE-6. Any speaker amp should have more than enough power swing to power the HE-6 as most are 12w and above. I found that a tube amp sounds a ton smoother and full than the HE-6 with a SS amp. For reference i was using a Meridian solid state amp and a AudioNote tube amp.

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #954 of 1,284
Quote:
Quote:

hehehehheheheheh, I've found a tube speaker amp works best with my HE-6. Any speaker amp should have more than enough power swing to power the HE-6 as most are 12w and above. I found that a tube amp sounds a ton smoother and full than the HE-6 with a SS amp. For reference i was using a Meridian solid state amp and a AudioNote tube amp.

So you don't need 400 watts??

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #956 of 1,284
Quote:
I was just pulling your leg as well...
tongue.gif
but what I said about the HE6s actually was true...

Get out.

wink.gif

Quote:
Okay, but is a $2,600 GSX with an external power supply not enough?

That's the problem you need a power transformer. Pff GSX.
Quote:
So you don't need 400 watts??

Ssssh, keep the myth well and alive...
but no 8W/32ohm is more than enough to give plenty of headroom for later.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #957 of 1,284
Quote:
I wouldn't debunk the HE-6 till you hear it with a speaker amp.

Haha. I've heard it with a speaker amp and it's not the best headphone in the world but it's up there. And man those cans need juice, it's practically impossible to power them with a normal headphone amp unless their balanced (double voltage swing.) The HE 500 isn't much worse though.
Quote:
If that is your own opinion i cant tell you how to think, but really i think most would agree that the 009s are better than hd-800 moded or unmoded (at least thats what I and everyone else who has heard my system agrees, i have the 009 and 007mk2 and hd-800). Those that have heard speakers would say pretty much speakers are better than any headphone but of course they are more expencive than your average audiophile headphones. 

Well I think the 009 is somewhat better, but considering it costs around 5x more, the HD800 would be the most expensive headphone I would buy. The only easy win the SR009 has over the HD800 is really in the bass department, everything else the HD800 can come close to, if not match. What I'm trying to say is that if I had 10k I'd spend it on speakers.

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #958 of 1,284
Yeah, does being a senior count?

Grade: Senior

Equipment:  

Bheringer U-control UCA200 + Xenyx 502 mixer (the internal amp of this thing isn't bad, though there is some distortion from all the other electronics in the room)
Microsoft Zune + FiiO e5 (to make up for the low output power)
Audio Technica M30  (they sound extremely similar to the M50s, but are much much cheaper)
Astrotec AM-90
Audio Technica Quietpoint ATH-ANC25
(to be) Monoprice 8320 + Comply 400's

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #960 of 1,284
Grade: 9
Equipment:
ATHM50
M80
SE215
X10
S4
UE6000
Ety HF2
Fiio E07k
Cool! I'm 14, but in 8th. Nice gear you have there! I needed to mention on this thread anyways that I bought the HE400 and am getting a Woodwind Ultra Portable Amp Review Sample. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back