Who here is a high school audiophile?
Nov 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #496 of 1,284

Quote:
^ What a tragedy...

This is after I spend about $200 for them with gifts for Christmas/Birthdays. 
blink.gif

Evidently I am made of money; too bad they are the ones that give me the money I have. 

Oh well, I guess I will sell my uDac and get an Audinst MX-1 instead...

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #498 of 1,284

Quote:
I can't get an Asgard. My parents don't like me. 

That's Schiit! What Asgards.

And welcome! Meh, we all make mistakes
biggrin.gif
You could probably mod them to sound...decent.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #499 of 1,284
Getting my Grado sr80is in two days. My bday just can't come soon enough 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #504 of 1,284

Quote:
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Judging by your profile pic, you will LOVE grados. Agalloch is my favorite band, and my favorite 'phones for them are the Grados. With that said, I've modded mine to hell and back (and I'm getting woodies 
biggrin.gif
), but even stock sr60is are great, IMO.

Great to know! I simply can't express my level of anticipation and excitement right now!

Quote:
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

You will enjoy. Next get a DAC. Then leave this hobby forever. I am not exaggerating. This hobby drove me to spend my OWN money. *gasp*

Haha, I am already thinking of what kind of speaker system I want to get for non headphone usage. I think the hobby already has me in a full nelson.

Also, I am getting myself a Headroom Total Bithead to bypass the cruddy soundcard in me MacBook. Hopefully its DAC is as good as I have heard.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #505 of 1,284
Oh yeah

Grade: 12

PortaPros - kramer modded
sr80is (tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sold: Boss triport in-ear.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #506 of 1,284
Grade:11 (I think, America's system confuses me)

First major audiophile item I bought was my Sony X-series Walkman last year, I almost cried when it practically purged my bank account of it's money, its all part of the fun though :p

Anyone had friends steal your headphones because of the sound quality? This year, I bought some Denon C751s, everyone at school was like 'What who pays $170 for earphones?'. Being my first quality IEMs I bought, my initial thought to this was 'blasphemy!' I gave them to a group of friends to try out, man their minds were blown! 2 girls ran off with them and listened to them for the next 2 days. I had to broker a bad deal to get them back :frowning2:

I'm gunna get some portapros brought over from the UK, very pumped for those. Hopefully I'm going to earn enough money over the summer to get some Sr-60s and an E7 amp too :D

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #507 of 1,284

Quote:
Quote:
I can't get an Asgard. My parents don't like me. 

That's Schiit! What Asgards.

And welcome! Meh, we all make mistakes
biggrin.gif
You could probably mod them to sound...decent.

ROFL. . . 

I was a high school audiophile. I have been interested in high quality audio since I was 15. I got my HD 650s, etc. a year ago for X-mas at age 17. I'm now 18.5. I feel old. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #509 of 1,284
Same here man lol; I was mostly interested in full sized cans back then but now that I'm at college I'm more mobile and I switched it up and picked up some IEMs. Sometimes i do find myself wanting that full sized headphone feel though. :/

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #510 of 1,284
^lol same here. We had the exact same reason on why I moved to IEMs. I found that my HD 555s leaked alot and weren't very mobile that I switched to IEMs.
I have the Orotofon's EQ-5 now (and just got them today) and I have no regret in buying 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back