tongue.gif

Don't be an ass.
mad.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #152 of 1,284
Ok, you'll die a hermit.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #153 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks. The fact that your Zero broke, not that you're outside with a life.

Meh, most of my friends are out of town right now. Not too much to do.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #154 of 1,284
Quote:

I'm pretty dang sure baines isn't Asian either.

Sure aren't... 100% Caucasian and British
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Baines: in a Bruno-ish accent "Why don't you get the iPhone? i traded mine for an african baby, and I regret it now"

Because I don't like them.
popcorn.gif

The E71 is cool... Wanted it for ages, then contemplated the N97, and realised I will be able to afford the extra £10 a month (E71 is £20 a month on crap provider/network, and £25 on a reasonable one, and the N97 is £free-£50 on one of the okay networks with double the minutes, and "only" £35 a month...) when I get a part-time job.

Been watchin N97 vids on youtube today, and the E71 now seems bland... The N97 should be even better for browsing (touch!) AND compared to the iphone, has the tactile keyboard I desire, along with 32gb (up to 48gb with one sd, but I can carry more like I do with the D2... shouldnt grow old anytime soon, and can be ever expandable to a certain extent like the D2) of space for tunes (in good (not excellent) sound quality, and in a single device... Same money a month as the iphone, and way more texts and minutes which I will use if there!

Suddenly the iphone like do-it-all-in-one-device is appealing to me, also with the app store that is growing (Ovi) and touch screen web brosing (with the keyboard!) especially since the N97 fixes all the shortfalls I have with the iphone! Yeah, it's expensive, but i'm paying monthly, yeah it's symbian, but I love it, and doesn't support many video codecs out of the box (no 3rd party Nadivx aps yet), or FLAC, but I don't use FLAC, and won't watch vids on it apart from the BBC iPlayer app!

I can see myself using it far more at home for web than I do my e61, with better browsing, flash support, and bbc iplayer apps etc. - better than cumbersome laptop requiring more power, and hot in the summer.

Sorry. Awfully structured, and off topic, but it's late here, and just my rant as to why the iPhone is owned much more now with the N97 than I thought it ever could be with the E61/71.

icon10.gif

Matt

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #155 of 1,284
OK here goes..
I'm 18, just graduated HS(class of 09!)
I've funded my Mp3 player purchases from selling previous players, and making withdrawals from my work $...but what's left of THAT account will go to college.
I got my Mini3 from selling a bunch of stuff...
I got my DT770's in a trade for HD580's, which I got from selling a Sony A728...which was a gift.
I got my Archos 504 dock from selling stuff, and I asked my dad if I could buy the DVR dock(I explained to him how it's basically a TiVo minus the monthly fee), and he said sure.
I buy my IEMs from taking $ out of the work fund as well...I've had C551's, ER6i's, and now NE-7m's...so I haven't really broken the $50 threshold(considering I got the ER6i's during Black Friday on amazon...$50
tongue.gif
)

I just ordered a Starving student amp for $65...that was out of my graduation $.
The next thing on my list might be a netbook(probably an HP Mini 10.1" w/SSD), and I'm goin down to Delaware next week to visit family...I might buy one down there cuz there's NO sales tax. NJ=7%...7% of 350 is about $25...you get the idea. Also, I kinda want to upgrade my IEMs...Monster Turbines or PFE's...maybe.

Jul 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #156 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's have a poll XX See who's most into audio...lead to some interesting statistics

Ok, I'm 15. I have the following Headphones/Earphones:

Shure Se530
Jays s-Jays
Jays c-Jays
Jays v-Jays
Jays-q-Jays
Earsoncs Sm2 DLX
Phiaton PS200
Phiaton MS300
Phiaton MS400
Nuforce Ne-8
Monster Turbine
Klipsch Image S2
MEElectronics Ai-M6
3x MEElectronics Ai-M9
Ultimate Ears 700
5x Zagg z-Buds
Zaggphones

On the Way Here i have:
JH Audio 10X3PRO
Westone ES3X
Phiaton PS300 NC
Phiaton PS500
Ultimate Ears Custom (Haven't confirmed model yet)

Sold all my amps but a Little Dot MKI+, and my source is currently still the fabulous N95 8GB which has the xpressmusic serie's audio chip in it. Source soon to be something on the lines of a Sony Walkman X1000 or the next gen iPod Touch.

Computer is:
Asus Essence STX Headphone Amplified SoundCard
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe (thinking of replacing with Auzentech HD HOMEtheatre)
Harman Kardon AVR-146 Receiver
Klipsch HD Theatre 500

That's all i've got...

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #157 of 1,284
Woah. Where did you get the money for all that stuff?

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #158 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I'm 15. I have the following Headphones/Earphones:

Shure Se530
Jays s-Jays
Jays c-Jays
Jays v-Jays
Jays-q-Jays
Earsoncs Sm2 DLX
Phiaton PS200
Phiaton MS300
Phiaton MS400
Nuforce Ne-8
Monster Turbine
Klipsch Image S2
MEElectronics Ai-M6
3x MEElectronics Ai-M9
Ultimate Ears 700
5x Zagg z-Buds
Zaggphones

On the Way Here i have:
JH Audio 10X3PRO
Westone ES3X
Phiaton PS300 NC
Phiaton PS500
Ultimate Ears Custom (Haven't confirmed model yet)

Sold all my amps but a Little Dot MKI+, and my source is currently still the fabulous N95 8GB which has the xpressmusic serie's audio chip in it. Source soon to be something on the lines of a Sony Walkman X1000 or the next gen iPod Touch.

Computer is:
Asus Essence STX Headphone Amplified SoundCard
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe (thinking of replacing with Auzentech HD HOMEtheatre)
Harman Kardon AVR-146 Receiver
Klipsch HD Theatre 500

That's all i've got...

And this is why Canadians think they're better than us
tongue.gif

(Why 5 zaggbuds...? God... )

Gimme some Phiaton love. Reviews please.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #159 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And this is why Canadians think they're better than us
tongue.gif

(Why 5 zaggbuds...? God... )

Gimme some Phiaton love. Reviews please.

Hey Hey, i personally don't think that Canadians are better than American's, or any other race. i just like living in Canada =) i have too many health issues that would cost too much in the States.

Why 5? cause ZaggAudio sent me 5 for review..well One first Gen, then Four Second Gen.

I have the PS200 review posted:

Phiaton Primal Series 200 Earphones in Review - Mini Jet Engines | TouchMyApps

Yes i am mostly asian...yes "mostly" (My Grandma was part caucasian...so iunno how much of that is left in me). However i was born in a British Colony, does that make me British?
k701smile.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #160 of 1,284
Quote:

Woah. Where did you get the money for all that stuff?

I Work, and I'm a Full-Time Headphone Review...yes full-time that's more than my work. So some of the stuff i have are from manufacturers

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #162 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by paddo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the 3 top-end IEM's from the manufacturers too??????

The Little Dot MKI+ and Se530 i paid full for, and the JH Audio 10X3PR0, Westone ES3X, and the Ultimate Ears Custom i had to pay partly for the sample to review, everything else was from manufacturers for review...and i had to pay for my phone of course.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #163 of 1,284
Quote:

I Work, and I'm a Full-Time Headphone Review...yes full-time that's more than my work. So some of the stuff i have are from manufacturers

Wow... How did you go about procuring that sort of work?

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #164 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... How did you go about procuring that sort of work?

Long story...really long...but basically just built up reputation till recently when i joined the TMA team

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #165 of 1,284
Quote:

Umm, can I be you?

I have GOT to make an amazing review of something soon.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back