Who here is a high school audiophile?
Jun 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #32 of 1,284
17, going into my senior year. I've only gotten into audio this past year, but this summer, it will be an expensive one.
I referee soccer, $25 bucks minimum a game. the monies flow...

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #33 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was 16 I saved my money for a flight back to the UK and lived there for a couple of years so didn't waste my money on watches or hookers.

It was a joke, son. Get it? JOKE?

Foghorn.gif

You probably won't get the reference to the cartoon either because it was before your time.

I got your joke milkweg. I was just playing along, that's all. and no i don't get the reference though the chicken looks familiar.

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #36 of 1,284
every thing i have, ive paid for my self, no way in hell my parents would pay for any audio gear. I mainly referee youth lacrosse and football, which pay great, but i still have to save up for a long while to afford any high priced items. I always have to make sure i will have enough money left over before making a purchase to make sure i have enough money for food, gas, movies, and other activities.

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #38 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am. Going into my Junior year. See my sig for what I have.

Wow, you have Stax?! Did you have to buy them yourself?

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #39 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really impressed at the high-schoo-fi members. Great work ethics, along with a sense of responsibility. You guys deserve your gear!

I think it makes you value your possessions a lot more also! You guys are lucky b/c I also worked during summers but had to give my parents the money I made. I'd say I got less than 10% or each paycheck and that would get to meals/transportation to and from work. It's a different world today I guess, but then again I'm only 25 hahah.

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #40 of 1,284
Grade: 8, entering 9th.
Equipment: HFI-2200ULE, CAL!, Creative Aurvana X-Fi NC, several soundblasters, HP G60-230US, AKG K141, iPod Touch (My parents didn't even pay a cent, although they loan me money and I pay them back.. Only once, then I was on my own...)

I make money by buying/selling stuff here and on craigslist... Hoping to get to a laptop + JVC DX1000 + maybe an amp by next year.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #41 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grade: 8, entering 9th.
Equipment: HFI-2200ULE, CAL!, Creative Aurvana X-Fi NC, several soundblasters, HP G60-230US, AKG K141, iPod Touch (My parents didn't even pay a cent, although they loan me money and I pay them back.. Only once, then I was on my own...)

I make money by buying/selling stuff here and on craigslist... Hoping to get to a laptop + JVC DX1000 + maybe an amp by next year.

You flip stuff you buy here on the forums?

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #43 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should read Head-Fi's rules. Flipping is not allowed here.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #44 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should read Head-Fi's rules. Flipping is not allowed here.

yeh, thats what audiogon is for :p

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #45 of 1,284
Grade: 11
Gear: Sennheiser HD 380, Apple DDIEM's, Logitech Z-5500. Hooked up to an iPhone 3G + MacBook Air. Amped with a Fiio E5 (upgrading soon, hopefully).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back