Who here is a high school audiophile?
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #16 of 1,284
Part time job.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #17 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!....wow!..you kids/guys have some serious gear...May I ask how do you manage? summer jobs? birthday gifts? Although I should not say anything...I bought me a Rolex when I was 15.....It cost me all my savings at ths time: 600 bucks!

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #18 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though I'm in my 30's, I am a teenager at heart.

I will always be a rebel without a cause.

deanrebel.jpg

I love the movie poster advertises its aspect ratio.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Congrats!....wow!..you kids/guys have some serious gear...May I ask how do you manage? summer jobs? birthday gifts? Although I should not say anything...I bought me a Rolex when I was 15.....It cost me all my savings at ths time: 600 bucks!

I sell my body to old, lonely men and women.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #19 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by ParulLochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have spent three days searching for some common reason for this.its help me tnx bro
signature001.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Searching for what?

Quote:

I use the allowance I get... $15 a week.... And the general kindness of my mother who lets me pay her back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwglue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
c&c f1

I wish I had seen that before I bought the crappy Fiio E5 I have now... Now I need one, damn you. JK.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #20 of 1,284
Quote:

Wow! For 600 bucks you could have got yourself a couple of real nice looking hookers and lost your virginity. Get your priorities straight, son.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #21 of 1,284
Uh, milkweg, i do not encourage that kind of attitude being expressed to us young ones. I feel it is deemed inappropriate for this thread and forum. Please do not try this again. We do not want to be your bunny rabbits. TBH, that way you suggested is quite sad and I hope you did not do that for yourself!!!!

I guess you could call me an audiophile if you wanted. I don't have much gear though.

fraseyboy, we don't mind him dying, his life has lived long enough. As long as we get access to your secret information.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #22 of 1,284
Year: 11 (in exam period right now)
Gear: See sig.

Livewires were not paid for by me. D2 was got in a trade for my old Zen Vision M. Got a Tomahawk in a giveaway, and traded it for the Micro Amp. Everything else is cheap. Don't spend any money atm, saving for a car for next January, after that a new laptop, DSLR, and then audio gear and mtb upgrades. Everyone still thinks my hobby is mad... I keep it quiet. Applying for jobs this weekend now exams are almost done.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #23 of 1,284
I trolled ebay for good deals. I spent less than $100 for all my headphones combined.

The LD3 is going to be a grad gift.

The DT48As are coming from my pocket though. I get money from report cards and B-day gifts. $3 for an A-. $5 for an A. $7 for an A+. Nuthin for anything lower.

My dad's giving me a job at the place he works. Secretary, I think. Don't laugh.

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #24 of 1,284
This is gonna be the third summer I work at a sort of summer camp. I don't know how to call it. You don't sleep there, it's not a camp, but for three weeks kids come at the morning, they play and have activities and they get home at 3PM. It's a solution for parents that don't want their children stay at home all day long. So it's like school hours.
Anyways I work there. I clean, make the kids sandwiches (400 sandwiches a day :p ) and do all the maintenance there. It's really hard physically, and I get really tired from it. I work from 7AM till 4PM. But the money's good so I deal with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

It got me my iPod, ksc75, 2xep630 and most of my PC stuff. It supports me through the year whenever I want to go out with friends and I buy all sorts of stupid cheap stuff on eBay :p

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #25 of 1,284
I am really impressed at the high-schoo-fi members. Great work ethics, along with a sense of responsibility. You guys deserve your gear!

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #26 of 1,284
Age: below 18 (no real age will be posted for Internet security reasons)
Year: I do not know how to convert Quebec years to "normal" years.
Stuff: I currently have few, because of a recent financial problem. Should get more liquid flowing between my fingers soon.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 1,284
And yes, I used to have an AKG KK.
I don't think that my amp (the other one) was really up to it. It did really well with my HD600 though.
Sold for 700 bucks. Used that to solve my financial problem.
No. Not drug debts.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Age: below 18 (no real age will be posted for Internet security reasons)
Year: I do not know how to convert Quebec years to "normal" years.
Stuff: I currently have few, because of a recent financial problem. Should get more liquid flowing between my fingers soon.

lol, paranoid :p
There is no "normal" years. I think every one just says what grade he is according to his country's educational system.

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #30 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by paddo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, milkweg, i do not encourage that kind of attitude being expressed to us young ones. I feel it is deemed inappropriate for this thread and forum. Please do not try this again. We do not want to be your bunny rabbits. TBH, that way you suggested is quite sad and I hope you did not do that for yourself!!!!

When I was 16 I saved my money for a flight back to the UK and lived there for a couple of years so didn't waste my money on watches or hookers.

It was a joke, son. Get it? JOKE?

Foghorn.gif

You probably won't get the reference to the cartoon either because it was before your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back