Who Here Hates Emo!?!?!
Apr 16, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #61 of 70
Man what a waste of a thread; talking about who's "emo" and who isnt; and all the bands you hate. And bashing others musical tastes is really not a worthwhile pursuit. It just makes people angry.

PS - I love Dashboard's - The places... and love AFI's Sing the Sorrow. If you want to make fun of me for being ignorant or make some other juvenile comment then go ahead, but I won't be crying myself to sleep or anything. Peace.

Apr 17, 2004 at 7:32 AM Post #63 of 70
What I think alot of these people who hate Emo don't get is that being a teenager can be really depressing regardless of the circumstances.....

I'm 17 and I'm not cool (to be blunt), the pressures of school, parents, horomones and sex are REALLY tough to get through by just "Bucking up" (Like so many homophobe jocks seem to practice/preach).

I personally don't know what it is, but when your a uncool kid and you find a place to belong with other uncool kids listening to Emo, I'm ALL for that.

Apr 17, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #64 of 70
That could go for almost any type of music, or other activity that brings you together with others and makes you feel accepted. Most of my young life was much like you described, but it was good for me, it forced me to develop an iron-clad will that others cannot break, therefore I have no need for "social support systems" and I am not reliant on others to make me feel good. This way I can live my life without having to worry about what people think of me, if they like me, hey that's a bonus.

Apr 17, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #65 of 70
I too am 17. Im not the most popular nor am I a loner. The situation that you were talking about, how Emo can bring people together, can be said for any genre of music. If you think Emo is uncool and hated on by a lot of people, then you should see what people think of other genres that are more "unaccepted" by society, such as metal and its sub-genres of satan, fantasy, and gore inspired themes.

Apr 17, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #66 of 70
I agree it can work with many genres... how ever the focus would be on Emo because many of the lyrical topics touched on by the songwriter usually have to do with the same topics faced by teens these days.

I just think that bashing music that isn't hurting anyone with threads that have an excess of both question marks AND exclamation points in the title is abit foolish.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #67 of 70
Can't we all just come together, accept our differences in music, and bitch about new-age instead?
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #70 of 70
Man I don't know what this is all about. If you hate a genre, better keep it to yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back