Who has an end game setup?
Jun 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #196 of 834
I'm on a 2 / 3 year plan
biggrin.gif

In process now: I'm sourcing a maxed out KGSSHV-DX, with a Alps RK50 pot
eek.gif
 while trying to tighten up the chain.  Just got the C.A.P.S v3 Zuma, next either Off Ramp 5 or Alpha USB.

Next year:  009s, and a really high end DAC. Last but not least some kind of tube amp for the HD800 - EC 2A3, EC BA, DNA stratus or something..  

Heck, by that time a new e-stat headphone will be out.  

All subject to change as new stuff come out
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #199 of 834
Pretty much end game for me with an HE-6 and different amps to match for Home. I rate it as 90% of the SR009.

JH16 for portable usage with different portable amps.

Both of them coming close to an year and no plans to sell/trade or upgrade them.

Interested in the upcoming Jade stats form Hifiman so that might change things but then again.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #200 of 834
Quote:
I'm on a 2 / 3 year plan
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
 while trying to tighten up the chain.  Just got the C.A.P.S v3 Zuma, next either Off Ramp 5 or Alpha USB.

Next year:  009s, and a really high end DAC. Last but not least some kind of tube amp for the HD800 - EC 2A3, EC BA, DNA stratus or something..  

L3000.gif

Or the Leviathan ? 
size]

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #204 of 834
Quote:
I'm on a 2 / 3 year plan
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

L3000.gif

Why not get a USB capable DAC first and skip the Off Ramp 5/Alpha?

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #209 of 834
right now for home listening, i have a  plugged into my top end cyrus x-power system,

The whole thing cost me around £12000, i can't afford to change, but i have no reason to change.

i am also looking for some iem's but only have £200 in my pocket to spend

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #210 of 834
Well a car is more important than a pair of headphone or amplifier. I need it for work and uni, my current schit box has a busted clutch and I don't want to drop in anymore $$ to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back