Who has an end game setup?
May 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #166 of 834
Quote:
Happycamper
It does; it's my idea of the ultimate achievement; to have the means to spend and the temptation this forum provides and still be able to put the brakes on before you go over the cliff. Style
smily_headphones1.gif

another way i guess is to not use credit card for your gear purchase, only use the money you have, and i mean the money you can spend, dont clean out your saving account or retirement savings...

May 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #169 of 834
Quote:
This hobby is much more forgiving money-wise than for example photo equipment :) There you have 7000 USD for a Leica M camera, 11000 USD for a Leica Noctilux lens and so on and so on

I hear that.................I came out of the Nikon F3 world with six Nikkor lenses and a MD5 motor drive.................flashes..................yeah, this is way more affordable. 

May 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #171 of 834
Quote:
Then you should be looking at the C.A.P.S v3 zuma, running off battery power.

As I said, using the Macmini / iPad with my headphone system, would only be a problem if I was wanting to use that setup anywhere other than my home, but because I haven't any plans on listening to my gear away from my home, I don't have a problem using the Macmini / iPad.
If I was to take my headphone gear to an head-fi meeting, it would have to be close to where I live, and with my source I'd only be using CD's.

May 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #172 of 834
Quote:

As I said, using the Macmini / iPad with my headphone system, would only be a problem if I was wanting to use that setup anywhere other than my home, but because I haven't any plans on listening to my gear away from my home, I don't have a problem using the Macmini / iPad.
If I was to take my headphone gear to an head-fi meeting, it would have to be close to where I live, and with my source I'd only be using CD's.

Huh? Who said anything about portability? I'm just saying if you're going the computer source route, you might want to look at the CAPS v3 Zuma running off batter power as an end game server.

May 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #173 of 834
Quote:
Huh? Who said anything about portability? I'm just saying if you're going the computer source route, you might want to look at the CAPS v3 Zuma running off batter power as an end game server.

Thanks, but I've only had the Macmini / iPad for a couple of months, so I'm not looking for anything else. Also I'm using my K-01 as the source.

May 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #174 of 834
Quote:
It's a fantastic hobby and with all the alleged advances in sound quality seemingly no end in sight for tbose of us with a thirst for the ultimate. Altbough; my sigma pros are pretty darn good considering they come from the 80s
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty hard to beat these.  I have 3 Stax Sigmas, low bias, pro and Sigma/404 and  nothing can beat them because they have a unique sonic presentation.  You get more detail with the SR007, ( which I also have) and apparently even more with the SR009 but these do not give the spatial perspective of the Sigmas. Nothing else does.   So things will stay this way until something actually breaks. In this case a CD transport  is dying and will be replaced with  a new Yoo transport.  But that's about it.

May 31, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #176 of 834
I nearly completed my "end-game" setup while on vacation in Thailand in March. While I was there I bought the Shure SE535 Red Limited edition, the iBasso D-Zero DAC, the JDS Labs C5 Amp in Red, and the ALO Audio CRYO SXC 18 Line out dock. I have an iPod Classic 80gb and an iPhone 4S. I also have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P5 for general listening and for watching movies on my laptop and on my iPad, and for gaming.

Barring an upgrade cable for my SE 535's
wink.gif
- I would say I have achieved the "end-game" setup I have aspired to for the last 3 or 4 years.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #177 of 834
Quote:
I nearly completed my "end-game" setup while on vacation in Thailand in March. While I was there I bought the Shure SE535 Red Limited edition, the iBasso D-Zero DAC, the JDS Labs C5 Amp in Red, and the ALO Audio CRYO SXC 18 Line out dock. I have an iPod Classic 80gb and an iPhone 4S. I also have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P5 for general listening and for watching movies on my laptop and on my iPad, and for gaming.

Barring an upgrade cable for my SE 535's
wink.gif
- I would say I have achieved the "end-game" setup I have aspired to for the last 3 or 4 years.
smily_headphones1.gif

nice, whats the total cost of wallet damage? 

May 31, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #178 of 834
Screw it, I'm there. I certainly don't see a need to expand my collection, and I still have stuff to sell off.

I still might swap out a headphone or a phono cartridge down the road to change things up, but except for tweaks like cables and such my rig is set for the foreseeable future.

May 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #179 of 834
Quote:
Screw it, I'm there. I certainly don't see a need to expand my collection, and I still have stuff to sell off.

I still might swap out a headphone or a phono cartridge down the road to change things up, but except for tweaks like cables and such my rig is set for the foreseeable future.

I believe my father has an end game set up. He purchased the Focal Grande Utopia EM two years ago. Now he imports them in Korea for Focal as a hobby. The room has also received professional acoustic treatment. There hasn't been a single change for the past two years. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back