Who Goes To Church On Sunday:
Nov 28, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #76 of 77
I can agree with Audio Redneck as far as what I have seen.

not to preach or anything, but as i look back on my life, before i really had a faith in JC, i am surprised to see that i did not think about eternity, about death, about what may come of me when i die, which could come about at any moment. i may not wake up tomorrow. where i would end up was in my hands. this thanksgiving i thank JC for alerting me of this. i constantly searched to find contentness and to fill the hole that was created by this world and my life. i could never succeed, all on top of that ...this is eternity... as Solomon told, death comes to all. life without hope is meaningless, i do not know why i had the hope to live on in this life before i had the hope that i have now. and the contentness. i have come to realize that for every thing that i "want"; cars, headphones**, a new job, moving, small things, even the big things, i have found that nothing can fill me, so to speak, or satisfy me, make me content. some things will satisfy me for a short while, others longer . but there is one thing that i have found satisfaction, and that is in the hope that when I die i will not cease to exist, but rather be with JC. test everything that you are unsure of. i hate to see someone think that they will just cease to exist when they die.
" For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? " sorry i probably dont really make sense.. just my 2 cents.

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:53 AM Post #77 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Nope. Though religion is an interesting topic, I've never really been able to believe in it.

Religion is something that I have never really believed in either. I figure it will only set me up for dissapointment. I do however believe in Christ, not a religion, which is just a set of rules to me. With my trust in God, I am never let down, and never disspointed. This doesn't mean that I don't ever have crappy stuff happen in my life. What it does mean, is that I know exactly where to turn when good and bad and uninteresting stuff happens in my life. It also doesn't mean that my actions should be modeled by anyone else. I fail to do the things I know I should do every day, yet God forgives me for those things.

A side point....as I was reading through the posts on this topic, I found myself holding my breath whenever someone professing to be a believer in Christ would sound off. I guess I am just used to hearing people on TV and in the media who say they are Christians, yet act intolerant, and all-knowing. I was, however, pleasently surprised by Audio Rednecks and some other's thoughts. They did not sound high and mighty, yet they clearly express what I beleive is the accepting and dependable love of God. I also want to thank those people who don't beleive in any God, or who follow other religions, for their posts. While I may not agree with your choices, I do appreciate your insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back