Who folds@home?
Jul 2, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 59
Jude said it was okay to use the Head-Fi name, I converted over team number 35126 to use the Head-Fi name and link to the Head-Fi homepage (until we get an actual webpage for it). I'll eventually make a logo for it, too. You can view the current team stats at http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...&teamnum=35126.

Jul 2, 2004 at 12:14 PM Post #17 of 59
I'm old skool, Seti@home here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 59
I've been UDing for quite some time now, I just reached my first year of computing time
smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't even know there was another medical distributed computing project like folding@home or something .... o.O

-Taurui

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #22 of 59
What is UD?..did someone already explain this?

Also i should switch over to headfi folding soon, like tonight..

Jul 3, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #24 of 59
Actually UD does more than just cancer research. During the anthrax attack, it immediately reallocated all of its units to examine the DNA of anthrax. It'd also researched on small pox before as I recall.

Jul 3, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #26 of 59
I was going to work on a logo tonight, but if someone else comes up with something that's good and Jude approves it (remember, we are using his trademark), then that'd be great. If there is any interest in creating a web page for our team then I can host it, too.

Jul 3, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #27 of 59
We could also put reviews and such on the website and answers the FAQ by newbies on the website....i dunno..w/e...

Jul 3, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #28 of 59
I can setup something with a message board or CMS (content management system) if desired, phpBB for a message board or e107 for a CMS would probably be ideal. We will have to figure out what features we would want the web site to have then go ahead and set it up.

I put together a logo tonight and put it up at http://www.donovansmith.us/hosted/he...oldinglogo.png if anybody wants to take a look at it. If anybody has suggestions or wants to submit a logo of their own then please go ahead since I'm admittedly not the most artistic person around. We can decide on which logo we like best. For a logo, a 4:1 length to height ratio would be ideal since that is what would work best being displayed in the Folding@Home software.

Jul 3, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #29 of 59
Sounds like SkyNet to me. Governor, are you listening???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back