Who else wears their big cans (no iems) out on the streets and Why??
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 51
i wear my sony's mdr d777 everyday around the streets of manhattan.there so comfy.and they keep my ears warm.
3000smile.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #32 of 51
I have been using HD25s with a portable for some time. (which is one of the best portable headphones IMO) However, I sold them and other things. Now I am using px200s because they can be driven pretty easily by my portable without an amp and they fit in pretty much every pocket I've got.

And last but certainly not least they don't make me look as dumb as when I would wear my DT880s or HD250s for that matter outside.

(maybe I'm looking dumb anyways, but lets try not to think about that
blink.gif
)

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear my 595s on the street, but only short distances like to the shops or something. I wouldn't ever stuff them in a bag. When I'm actually in a shop, or any place with lots of people, they're always off and hanging round my neck out of respect. I'm fairly sure nobody wants to hear a tinny version of my music.

Totally agree with you on that one. Just for me it depends what kinda store I walk into. The local supermarket nearby my house or small kinda lovely shops I take them of but when I enter the large one in the citycenter I leave them on. Such an inpersonal place, nobody gives a damn there. And when they do, I just think, go take a hike and get rid of your enoying kids before telling me what to do or what not
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice to see more people do this! Over here it seems as if I am almost the only one. They give me strange looks though but that's ok cause they also do that when I don't have them on
biggrin.gif
Old people look at me as if I am some kind of evil person who kills little children, dogs and grandmothers haha!

Mar 13, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #35 of 51
I usually don't, as my 770s tend to mess up my hair a bit (long and curly, but not too curly, more like just-right-damn-sexy curly). I don't mind if it's late in the day, such as night time dog walks, however. I want to get a pair of floats for outdoor usage, 'cause I'm just fun like that.

I wore my dt770s walking the dog a few nights ago, and only saw one person, standing in her doorway. She looked at me rather strangely, and, possibly for the first time, I felt like a true Head-Fier.

I wouldn't wear full-size cans when any kind of communication/interaction was certain, as that would certainly be quite rude. I wouldn't mind if I was just walking about or possibly just buying something in a supermarket or convenience store.

If and when I do secure a pair of floats for outdoor use, I will post pics and transcripts of my exploits, I assure you.

Mar 13, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #36 of 51
Most people will look at someone wearing big headphones because it's an awkward sight for them to see. You don't see anyone looking at ibuds
tongue.gif

But really, who cares what they think. It's the thought of yourself thinking that other people will think bad of you that makes you want to not wear them outside. If people look at you, you must be unique
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #37 of 51
I've worn the HD650 a couple of times on the ferry boat across the English channel (ok, literally, it's not the street
biggrin.gif
) ..got a few weird looks but hey !...their loss, my ears's gain
600smile.gif

Papy

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #38 of 51
yea the most expensive headphone I've seen anyone wearing out and about was while walking around college. The guy was wearing a pair of bose triports, go figure right? anyway for me its only my k81djs which dont get that many stares, my k701s aren't leaving the house. I went through a lot to budget them and i baby those suckers. This thread almost makes me want to go out with them just to share some pictures though.
icon10.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #39 of 51
I've walked my dog with my K81s a couple of times, but I felt like a dork, but they sounded better than my Westones!

Mar 13, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old people look at me as if I am some kind of evil person who kills little children, dogs and grandmothers haha!

I get the same, as if I was gonna come steal their pension or displace them from their houses. When I stare them right back they look down, but as soon as I look the other way, they're right back on me all slack-jawed.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #43 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear my TriPorts on the streets for attraction
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you put Grado SR-80 drivers in them?
rs1smile.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #44 of 51
I often wear my Grados around campus, don't get any funny looks any more. I just got DT770s and I wear them around the city unless it's on public transportation, then I use IEMs.

It's definitely uncommon to see big cans here, but no one looks at you like you're a freak.

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #45 of 51
I wear all my AKGs when I go out and about, in order to impress the ladies. So far I think it's working, as they notice me a lot more than when I'm not wearing any AKGs. And if for any reason one doesn't notice me, I can snap one of the headphone cables like Indiana Jones and reel them in.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back