Who else wears their big cans (no iems) out on the streets and Why??
Mar 13, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 51
I tried my friend's SR80s on the bus downtown...I had to crank up the volume so much...I prefer closed headphones when I'm out, just so that I'm secluded in my own little audiophillic (sp?) world haha

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #17 of 51
Wear my HD25-1s out every day.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #18 of 51
I wear my A8s, and have used PX100. Ive got some 280 pros coming soon which Ill certainly wear out and about.

Id also consider using the floats or ergos if they didnt have a large flat thick long 6mm terminated cord.

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #20 of 51
Once upon a time, I wore my SR60's outside...

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 51
Hm, around here I have seen one person with hd497, one with dt770, one dude with some old Sonys. Everyone else has earbuds or IEMs. (rather fortunate amount of the latter, I even saw pair of folks with UM2s)... - but this is college, we don't like bulky things here.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #23 of 51
I tried the DT770s but they weren't tight enough on my head. I've been wearing the HD280s out and about and its working pretty well, coiled cord is a bit of a drag though.

The smarter I dress, the less stares I get. I guess it must look like I have to wear them for some official/important business. If I throw on some old crap for quick outings or general walks then I get stares like I've just stolen them
wink.gif

For the short time I had the ES7s the stares were too much and paranoia set in...

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #24 of 51
I started wearing my MS-1 with the pretty yeller pads to the mailbox most everyday starting last March, and almost immediately I received a wave and a cheery "hello" from an "older woman" down the street!!

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #25 of 51
I wear my 595s on the street, but only short distances like to the shops or something. I wouldn't ever stuff them in a bag. When I'm actually in a shop, or any place with lots of people, they're always off and hanging round my neck out of respect. I'm fairly sure nobody wants to hear a tinny version of my music.

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 51
i started with k26 and px200 at first. when i got bigger with k81 now i'm using hfi-550. even i got er6i, metro-fi and um2, i still perfer hfi-550, sometimes k81. iems are great but the big boys sound better, and also sound more bigger

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I'm actually in a shop, or any place with lots of people, they're always off and hanging round my neck out of respect. I'm fairly sure nobody wants to hear a tinny version of my music.

I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty oblivious, generally, and when I'm listening to music it's even worse. I sometimes catch myself wearing the phones while interacting with other people -- asking directions on the street, or checking out at the supermarket.

Yikes! That's incredibly rude. First of all because, as you point out, it imposes the insect-like hum of my music on people who almost certainly would rather not hear it.

But it's also blatantly disrespectful, because it lets me interact with someone without giving her or him my full attention. I despise being treated in such a dismissive way, and I always mentally slap myself when I catch myself doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back